Default For animal lovers...

In article , says...

On 5/4/2012 1:50 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

On Fri, 4 May 2012 12:06:26 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

Well it figures that you'd think that killing an animal is saving it.

Figures you would bring it down to the single animal level to make a
point, when the conversation is about hunting in general... Frekin'
engineers...snicker

What engineers came up with the notion that hunting in general is a good
thing? But, it DOES come down to the single animal. It's that simple. I
guess, that because of overpopulation of humans on the earth, then you
should be okay with killing off people, abortion, etc. right?

Without the money hunters pump into the system you might actually come
down to that single animal, starving to death and bringing on
extinction.
The animal lovers barely collect enough money to support their own
bureaucracy and put virtually nothing into conservation efforts.

The best example is the hunting ranches in Texas that hold the largest
populations of endangered African animals on the planet. Without the
incentive of allowing someone to shoot one now and then for outrageous
amounts of money, they would simply go extinct.
These ranchers ensure that there is always a healthy breeding
population and suitable habitat for them. That is a lot more than the
Africans are doing.
I find it strange that the animal rights people would rather see an
entire species go extinct than to allow them to be managed for profit.
I wonder what our grand kids would say about that after the animals
are gone forever.

I know that in the imaginary utopia you lefties live in, animal lovers
would buy and maintain millions of acres of pristine habitat for the
animals to live in peace but the fact is, the animal lovers want
someone else to pay for that.
Those people are hunters.
They do it via a surcharge on all hunting equipment, license fees,
private club dues and direct payments to land owners for the right to
hunt there.

Well, kill 'em all then.

You are finally catching on.. pass the salt please!

Figures. You are far too stupid to understand the consequences of that,
apparently.

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 4 May 2012 09:39:01 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 5/3/2012 1:07 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2012 12:54:44 -0400, John
wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

There's a place in gawds kingdom for all animals; usually right next
to my mashed potatoes.

Still folks out there that would rather see the things slowly starve to
death...

Makes you wonder how any animal species ever survived without man
killing them in mass.

Without man, there was nobody there to care, if they slowly starved to
death from poor weather, diminished food stocks, or overpopulation.

Who mourned the extinction of the dinosaurs?

Species go extinct each and every day. Why do we care?

Because if ALL species go extinct except man, we'd be next. That's a
stupid argument.

In article , says...

On 5/4/2012 12:25 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 4 May 2012 11:42:28 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On 5/4/2012 9:36 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

Yeah, killing animals saves them. Got it!

Finally...

Well it figures that you'd think that killing an animal is saving it.

I do think it is funny that these avid fish hunters draw the line at
killing a deer or a rabbit.
Maybe if we rigged an ear of corn with big treble hooks. snagged the
deer, dragged the deer up to the truck with a winch, kicking and
bleeding. Then put him, live, in an air tight box to slowly suffocate
it would be OK.

I won't even talk about what fishermen do to the bait. That is down
right medieval.

Yes, but private citizens can't protect themselves from Government with
fish hooks...

And Scotty beats Harry to the political **** once again.

In article , says...

On 5/4/2012 1:08 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

Yeah, killing animals saves them. Got it!

Finally...

Well it figures that you'd think that killing an animal is saving it.

I do think it is funny that these avid fish hunters draw the line at
killing a deer or a rabbit.

Since I wrote the above, I take it you are talking about me. I catch and
release.

Maybe if we rigged an ear of corn with big treble hooks. snagged the
deer, dragged the deer up to the truck with a winch, kicking and
bleeding. Then put him, live, in an air tight box to slowly suffocate
it would be OK.

I catch and release.

I won't even talk about what fishermen do to the bait. That is down
right medieval.

I know! Those rubber worms and Rapalas that I use are SO abused.....

Bass fishermen are different, nobody wants to eat a freshwater bass
anyway, and artificials are perfect for them... Other fishermen catch
fish you want to eat, and they don't do as well with artificials. I
suppose you are gonna' tell us you never took a fish, never killed a
fish, and never used natural bait, right??? Pffffttt. I suppose you will.

Really? I LOVE bass, as does my whole family. You suppose wrong, idiot.
As I've stated right here in between your political whining, I eat fish
and animals. I don't mind someone eating what they kill.

In article om, 5@
5.com says...

On 5/4/2012 8:31 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/4/12 8:19 AM, BAR wrote:
cats are rodents in my book.

Well, of course...you joined the marines instead of getting an
edu-ma-ka-shun.

Why you dirty rat!

I have had the Bozo in my Bozo Bin for a couple of months.

I hope enjoys it.

On 5/5/12 10:35 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 5 May 2012 08:55:57 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On 5/4/2012 3:54 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/4/12 3:47 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 15:17:34 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 5/4/12 2:52 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 13:31:00 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 5/4/12 1:09 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 12:39:56 -0400, X ` Man

I don't do much fishing anymore. I do, however, think it is more
sporting than hunting. There's nothing sporting about seeing an
elk or a
moose a few hundred yards away and then shooting it with a high
powered
rifle and scope.

How is that any less "sporting" than sitting in the lounge of your
sport fish, sipping a cold drink, waiting for a tuna to hit one of
the
ballyhoo you are trolling?
The mate probably rigged the bait and struck the fish. All you did
was
reel it in.

Well, it is less sporting because fishing for big pelagics is a lot
more
dangerous than shooting a moose or an elk, but I'm not a fan of that
sort of "hunting," either.

It is basically the same as the canned hunt you are talking about on a
game ranch and I am not sure where the danger is ... unless the boat
sinks.

I wasn't making a comparison to a canned hunt but to "regular" hunting,
and if you've never been aboard a boat targeting 500-pound fish, you
have no idea of the dangers involved...that have nothing to do with the
boat sinking.

What dangers? We are not talking about Alaskan crab fishermen here.
How many recreational fishermen are killed every year? (tossing out
the ones who just get drunk and fall out of the boat)

You mean, other than being pulled overboard by a fish, being bitten by a
pelagic, falling and hitting your head, arm strain, neck strain, back
strain, being impaled with large fish hooks, stabbed by knives, sun
poisoning, and heatstroke, among other things?

All of those injuries could happen walking through the woods, and
dragging back a 1200 pound animal... dumb ass...

Really? You're going to be bitten by a pelagic, and be impaled with a
large fish hook in the woods???

The issue was risk (although I am not sure why Harry brought it up)
I think I would rather fall in the water than fall out of a tree stand
and I know I would rather take a fish hook on the finger than get
shot.
We won't even get into the difference between getting bit by a fish on
the deck and mauled by a bear in the woods.

I thought shooting other hunters on a canned hunt was part of the fun.
Just ask Dick Cheney.

On 5/5/2012 7:16 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/5/12 1:40 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 19:28:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

Bass fishermen are different, nobody wants to eat a freshwater bass
anyway, and artificials are perfect for them... Other fishermen catch
fish you want to eat, and they don't do as well with artificials. I
suppose you are gonna' tell us you never took a fish, never killed a
fish, and never used natural bait, right??? Pffffttt. I suppose you
will.

Lots of people eat freshwater bass, jerkwater.

Not serious bass fishermen.

Note that in my comment, I singled out "lots of people." I've seen
people eating largemouth freshwater bass they've caught, right in your
state.
I wasn't talking about "serious bass fishermen."

There are many, many recipes on the internet for largemouth bass. In a
simple search, I found 10,000+ hits for "recipes for largemouth bass."

Here's one from a Florida resident:

Title: Baked Bass Teriyaki
by retired1950
Type: Entree
Servings:
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: Marinate overnite
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients: Bass Fillets
bottle of teriyaki sauce
lemon juice
lemon pepper
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Directions: Marinate the bass fillets overnight in the teryaki sauce.
Place bass in bread pan lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle lemon juice
and lemon pepper over the fillets. Place onion slices on the fillets.
Cover the bass fillets with aliminum foil and bake at 375 for
approximately 20 - 25 minutes. Enjoy
Other Notes: One of my favorites - Very tastey!
Date Added: 04/16/09 11:10 AM

As I posted, lots of people eat largemouth bass.

That recipie would work with bluefish as well. Only, I would leave out
the marinade. Who wants fish that tastes like soy sauce? Sheeesh.