BoatBanter.com

-   -   For animal lovers... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/151764-animal-lovers.html)

John H.[_5_] May 3rd 12 05:54 PM

For animal lovers...

....and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

John H.[_5_] May 3rd 12 06:27 PM

For animal lovers...

On Thu, 03 May 2012 13:07:38 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 12:54:44 -0400, John H.
wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

There's a place in gawds kingdom for all animals; usually right next
to my mashed potatoes.

LOL!

North Star May 3rd 12 08:07 PM

For animal lovers...

On May 3, 1:54*pm, John H. wrote:
...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

That's dumb........the hunters could take out innocent people as they
drive under the influence.

John H.[_5_] May 3rd 12 10:36 PM

For animal lovers...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

You are preaching to the choir director!

John H.[_5_] May 3rd 12 10:37 PM

For animal lovers...

On Thu, 3 May 2012 12:07:02 -0700 (PDT), North Star wrote:

On May 3, 1:54*pm, John H. wrote:
...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

That's dumb........the hunters could take out innocent people as they
drive under the influence.

Wow, Don! That's quite perceptive.

X ` Man May 3rd 12 11:44 PM

For animal lovers...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

I'd be impressed if the "hunters" preserved habitat and didn't kill the
animals on it.

JustWait[_2_] May 4th 12 12:14 AM

For animal lovers...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

There's a place in gawds kingdom for all animals; usually right next
to my mashed potatoes.

Still folks out there that would rather see the things slowly starve to
death...

Richard Casady May 4th 12 01:25 AM

For animal lovers...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

I'd be impressed if the "hunters" preserved habitat and didn't kill the
animals on it.

I live just outside Des Moines, and the local deer are so numerous as
to be catagorized as vermin. I lost an auto to one. They cross my lawn
on a daily basis. It would be great if hunters would kill vast numbers
of them.

Casady

X ` Man[_3_] May 4th 12 01:32 AM

For animal lovers...

wrote:

...and those who find hunters despicable.

http://dribbleglass.com/images/billboards/animals.jpg

More species are saved by hunters than all the PETA and "save the
animals" kooks combined.

Hunters put their money where their mouth is and they actually do
things to preserve habitat and encourage species survival. They don't
just whine about it.

BTW I don't hunt.

I'd be impressed if the "hunters" preserved habitat and didn't kill the
animals on it.

I live just outside Des Moines, and the local deer are so numerous as
to be catagorized as vermin. I lost an auto to one. They cross my lawn
on a daily basis. It would be great if hunters would kill vast numbers
of them.

Casady

Typically, the problem you describe is the result of man encroaching on
the natural habit of woodland critters and decimating it. So, we take
away the land on which critters live, eat, and breathe, and then we
shoot them.

thumper May 4th 12 03:55 AM

For animal lovers...

On 5/3/2012 5:32 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/3/12 8:25 PM, Richard Casady wrote:

I live just outside Des Moines, and the local deer are so numerous as
to be catagorized as vermin. I lost an auto to one. They cross my lawn
on a daily basis. It would be great if hunters would kill vast numbers
of them.

Typically, the problem you describe is the result of man encroaching on
the natural habit of woodland critters and decimating it. So, we take
away the land on which critters live, eat, and breathe, and then we
shoot them.

Elimination of their natural predators (wolves, cougars, etc.) is also
significant. They tend to require more area and incur the wrath of
farmers/ranchers.