Default For animal lovers...

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 5 May 2012 12:49:58 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 5 May 2012 09:11:48 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 04 May 2012 19:28:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

Bass fishermen are different, nobody wants to eat a freshwater bass
anyway, and artificials are perfect for them... Other fishermen catch
fish you want to eat, and they don't do as well with artificials. I
suppose you are gonna' tell us you never took a fish, never killed a
fish, and never used natural bait, right??? Pffffttt. I suppose you will.

Lots of people eat freshwater bass, jerkwater.

Not serious bass fishermen.

That is the old fish story isn't it? The largest recorded large mouth
was reportedly caught by an old woman who had it weighed at a local
store. When the word got out about it and the record people tracked
her down, they were just finishing it up ... or so the legend goes.

After all it is a fish story.

None of the guys I fish fresh water with keep a bass. They will catch
a mess of specks if they want a fish fry.

On the other hand all of the salt water people I know are in the
fillet and release club.

Go your local Asian market with live fish sales. There will be those Bass
for sale.

They eat dogs too.

There is also the traditional Asian dish Mo Goo Gai Cat.

I find it incredible that some here don't realize that bass is eaten (a
lot) and it's very good!

I suppose you want the biggest, fattest one you can catch too.

No, why? Do you have a point you're trying to make?

On Sun, 06 May 2012 12:20:12 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2012 13:24:49 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 5/5/12 6:42 AM, JustWait wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Of course nobody eats fresh water Bass, he just said it, it's what he
does...

"Of course nobody eats fresh water Bass..."

Yet another example of your not knowing anything real. Plenty of people
eat freshwater largemouth bass.

I said "serious bass fishermen".

It is the same as serious "bill fish" fishermen. They put them back
live if at all possible. Even if you want a mount, it seldom actually
has any of your "fish" in it.
Take a picture of it next to the boat and turn it loose.

I had a Bass in a fishtank once. We would feed it a dozen 1 1/2 inch
goldfish every week or so. It would get them all in less than a
minute. Glittering scales would puff from the gills slits in a pretty
cloud.

Casady

On Sun, 06 May 2012 15:37:53 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

I had a Bass in a fishtank once. We would feed it a dozen 1 1/2 inch
goldfish every week or so. It would get them all in less than a
minute. Glittering scales would puff from the gills slits in a pretty
cloud.

====

I have a cousin in Michigan with a pond behind her house that they
stock with bass just for entertainment, sort of a real world fish
tank. They feed the bass every evening just before sunset, some kind
of fish food pellets that they buy. The bass show up right on
schedule and go into a feeding frenzy when the pellets hit the water.
Some of the bass have recognizable features and get named accordingly.