Default Why gas is $5.00/gal

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:56:17 -0400, Gene
wrote:

When fuel is significantly cheaper in economic back waters like
Russia, Cuba, Taiwan, and Puerto Rico.... it is pretty clear something
is not on the up-and-up.....

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

Refineries in many (most) other countries do not operate under the
same environmental restrictions as they do in the US. It costs a
*lot* of money to reduce air pollution, reduce the sulfer content, and
eliminate the use of lead in fuel. Those are worthwhile goals but
there is a price for it.

wrote:

When fuel is significantly cheaper in economic back waters like
Russia, Cuba, Taiwan, and Puerto Rico.... it is pretty clear something
is not on the up-and-up.....

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

Refineries in many (most) other countries do not operate under the
same environmental restrictions as they do in the US. It costs a
*lot* of money to reduce air pollution, reduce the sulfer content, and
eliminate the use of lead in fuel. Those are worthwhile goals but
there is a price for it.

The current price increases have nothing to do with that.

wrote:

When fuel is significantly cheaper in economic back waters like
Russia, Cuba, Taiwan, and Puerto Rico.... it is pretty clear something
is not on the up-and-up.....

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

Refineries in many (most) other countries do not operate under the
same environmental restrictions as they do in the US. It costs a
*lot* of money to reduce air pollution, reduce the sulfer content, and
eliminate the use of lead in fuel. Those are worthwhile goals but
there is a price for it.

The current price increases have nothing to do with that.

No but it has everything to do with why fuel is more expensive here
than in many other nearby countries. Go to Europe if you want a real
sticker shock. Last September diesel and gasoline was over $9
USD/gal in France, Switzerland and Italy. I'm sure it is even higher
now.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:58:28 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

On 4/22/2011 10:28 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:33:15 -0400, Lil wrote:

On 4/22/2011 7:04 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 22/04/2011 4:26 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/22/2011 5:31 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql
In 2008 congress passed a Law to stop the fixing by the Speculators.
The Administration was supposed to come up with the regulations.
Wall Street hedge Funds and Speculators are pushing back with huge money
to kill it.
Obama green wienies want higher prices. They want to force electric cars
on Americans.
It doesn't matter, that we cannot take on more debt and our personal
economies are in a tailspin.
Obama in threatening to go after Speculators turned right around and
turned the whole pr thing into buy electric cars and get rid of 8mpg
SUVs.
This shows stupidity on somebody's part. it show the green wienies don't
know what they are talking about. Very few get 8mpg unless they are in 4
wheel drive low range running up a muddy forest road.
I am waiting to see a Prius or Leaf hauling a family and luggage or a
baseball team and gear.
I would like to know how in the hell you tow or carry five or six bales
of hay with a Prius.
i bet it is lovely keeping cool, in Miami when it is 100 degrees and
100% humidity in an electric car for blocks and miles on end.
Our survival and economy don't mean squat to Washington. Their agenda
and or die.
There is not any shortage of oil nor will there be for the foreseeable
future. Ethanol is a load of expensive destructive BS.
I filled up with that crap a few days ago. The truck would hardly start
just now. It bucked and ran rough. Filled it with real gas, a bit a go,
and it does fine except it drained my wallet. Now over 400.00 for three
vehicles in 2 weeks. 51.00 a while ago for a half tank.
Follow the money. Who's getting rich off electric cars and
infrastructure?
They see Multicultural Britain and France and evidently want to imitate
hell here for Americans.

What a bunch of run on like diarrhea. Print too much money, the money
becomes worth less.

There is no difference between a stock in a company and money stock. DC
doubles the money supply, each USD stock will be worth 1/2 as much for
100% inflation.

It is that simple. You didn't think all that Obama debt was free because
some fraud central banker like Bernake decides to create more valueless
money diluting the money stock did you?

Nope, it isn't free. Now you money for nothing types whine because you
have to pay more. Well, there is a reason why some of are "rich" and
some of you are poor.

$400, hell I made triple this on one of my minor positions in oil stocks
this week because I don't trust USD stock any more. But you should see
my precious metals...like I hit gold!

Keep on voting Obama, I like this. Makes your labor cheaper by value as
I preserve my value. And less competition for stuff as you Obama debt
worshiping idiots are broke.

So pay up, or walk or swim. Maybe buying a canoe and burn off the brain
fat that doesn't think too clearly. People want more for oil as the USD
does not buy as much as it used to.
What's your problem. Printing worthles fiat is not the direct link to
this latest episode.
Obama's oufit and Ayers has an agenda to socialize America regardless of
or in spite of the cost to Middle America. They are in bed with Wall
Street on many issues.
The rule in DC is who has the most money rules. It doesn't matter if you
are Communist or Corporatist. China is Marxist but is a favored
capitalist.

Wow... two morons arguing with each other about the price of tin foil
hats.

I don't like bull s-----. I like fools even less. Stick it.
plonk

Yet you keep dishing it out. Apparently, you just can't take it.

On 22/04/2011 3:46 PM, Harryk wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

Indeed, we have to be on the alert for "reaql..."

Hey, we know you're a bat**** crazy rightie, and you just can't live
with the fact that the black guy with the funny name was elected
president over your tired-out old fart McCain and his ditzy sidekick.

Too bad.

So does that mean you will not go boating this year as you can't afford
the gas? LMAO.

As for your fetish with race, is that the cause, the reason or an excuse?
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 22/04/2011 5:33 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
[...]

Nope, DC is about statism. Keep government getting ever bigger. That
is why they brainwash kids in elementary. big government is good
government. Sad really.

On 22/04/2011 5:46 PM, Harryk wrote:
Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/22/2011 6:36 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 22/04/2011 3:31 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

No doubt about it...DC counterfeits far too much money....so money has a
lower value.

So people have to pay more. Heck, my gold still buys the same amount of
oil, hazards of investing in the US and USD is that it will depreciate.
A vicious spiral has already really started.

I am curious, does USA have a trade adreement re-taxtion with Panama?
Might snag up a few cheap condos Americans need to sell cheap.

Pie dreaming.

Not to worry; Canuck will move to Panama and get himself kidnapped for
ransom, which no one will pay.

Hahahha... Could get kidnapped in USA too. Trouble is with you
fleabaggers is you are scared of your own shadows. Partially correct
too, as you are your own worst enemies.

Have a choice, investor visa or pensionado. Being a pensioner I like as
a tax free car every two years and some other perks. But the fast track
is the investor one.

Hey, don't let life hold you back. /snicker.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 22/04/2011 9:00 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:20:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:31 pm, wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

Here's a reasonable explanation why:

http://www.helium.com/items/2143049-...-costs-so-much

Let's not try to confuse them with the facts. They won't appreciate
it, and they're confused enough already.

One thing is for sure however - $4 gas really stings when you're
filling up a runabout or pickup truck. Apparently Amex has a $85
limit on card purchases at the pump. I got cut off the other night a
few gallons short of a full tank. Learn something new every day.
:-)

I have the advantages of being a teen in the early 70's and well groomed
on money as our family was poor...want a bike, deliver papers and save
because we couldn't get a credit/debit card...

Taught me money is a depreciaing asset too, saw a house bought for $13K
and sold 11 years later for $49K....inflation. Was the same house with
11 years of wear, go figure.

Same crap is happening today for the same reasons, government is making
too much no-value money and diluting the currency. All for
statism-ponzi-debt spend.

Simple as ABC. So if you don't like real-estate unless it is primary
residence, so I buy oil, gold, and other commodities to hedge inflation.

Ya, they are doing this in Canada too, $100 limit per fill. What a PIA
as I have a F150.... Cost isn't a big deal, a litre (about a quart)
goes up 10 cents, my stocks probably went up $20k more more. And
eventually as inflation bites, the dividends will go up too.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 23/04/2011 6:25 AM, Harryk wrote:

A very nice apologetica that conveniently makes no mention of the greed
factors.

I love this line: "In other words, it's not profitable to build new
refineries and refine more oil because the lower price of gas won't
provide sufficient return on investment."

Right, I believe that b.s., just as I believe all the other oil company
lies.

Funny, they start your own oil company and prove them wrong....

oh wait, Harry is broke.

Besides, I would not invest and here is why.

I and many other buddies say pool $10 billion to build it. So once
built, it costs $14 billion, $4 billion more than was priced in. Union
crap, bad estimates, greedy management - maybe some mafia.

Then you start processing oil. Next the city, county, state and feds
get all horny with taxes. The plant depreciates and you still haven't
seen a return on investment. Unions, bad manage screw you over like a
pig for an Hawaiian roast. Bankser that covered the capital short fall
start turning the screws, and you can't sell your diluted stock without
a write down. To add insult, Obama printed so much debt that relative
to the oil itself and gold, you are lucky to get 50 cents for the dollar in.

And that is the bright side, as Obama might try to dictate you sell the
motion potion for below cost. Then you might b worth 10 cents on the
dollar on a good day.

Or, you can go to anotehr country and refine it, be able to ship
anywhere in the world and you can but bad management, bust unions and
whatever it takes to get a proper 15% return on investment.

Or if you don't want to go international and are risk adverse, just buy
an oilfield or gold and wait.

So why invest in a hyper-inflationary anti-business USA again?

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 23/04/2011 6:44 AM, Wayne B wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:25:50 -0400,
wrote:

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.

It's amazing to me how some people have become brainwashed into
believing that government can do a better job than private industry.

I think that is the "Hope" part. It is always followed by the
"Disappointment" part.

Refining is a dirty, capital intensive business. If you believe there
is so much filthy lucre waiting to be made, you should form a
consortium and go buy or build one. It's a great American tradition
and it creates jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filthy_Luc_Economics_for_People_Who_Hate_Capita lism

No one in the USA wants jobs, they just want money. And think Obama can
print it forever.