Default Why gas is $5.00/gal

Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:20:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:31 pm, wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

Here's a reasonable explanation why:

http://www.helium.com/items/2143049-...-costs-so-much

A very nice apologetica that conveniently makes no mention of the greed
factors.

I love this line: "In other words, it's not profitable to build new
refineries and refine more oil because the lower price of gas won't
provide sufficient return on investment."

Right, I believe that b.s., just as I believe all the other oil company
lies.

Oil companies are going to be reporting record profits again.

Hey, if making gasoline has such a low R.O.I., let's buy the refineries
in the name of the taxpayers and produce gasoline at prices that are at
breakeven plus a 10% setaside. That'll lower the pump price of gasoline
by what, $2.00 a gallon?

Even smarter, let's not allow the Repubs in Congress to cut the funds
for alternative energy development, as they want to do, in order to
continue the payoff to their oil company buddies.

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:58:28 -0400, Lil Abner sent the
following message
On 4/22/2011 10:28 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:33:15 -0400, Lil

wrote:

On 4/22/2011 7:04 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 22/04/2011 4:26 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/22/2011 5:31 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS

the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is

blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means

is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql
In 2008 congress passed a Law to stop the fixing by the

Speculators.
The Administration was supposed to come up with the

regulations.
Wall Street hedge Funds and Speculators are pushing back with

huge money
to kill it.
Obama green wienies want higher prices. They want to force

electric cars
on Americans.
It doesn't matter, that we cannot take on more debt and our

personal
economies are in a tailspin.
Obama in threatening to go after Speculators turned right

around and
turned the whole pr thing into buy electric cars and get rid

of 8mpg
SUVs.
This shows stupidity on somebody's part. it show the green

wienies don't
know what they are talking about. Very few get 8mpg unless

they are in 4
wheel drive low range running up a muddy forest road.
I am waiting to see a Prius or Leaf hauling a family and

luggage or a
baseball team and gear.
I would like to know how in the hell you tow or carry five or

six bales
of hay with a Prius.
i bet it is lovely keeping cool, in Miami when it is 100

degrees and
100% humidity in an electric car for blocks and miles on end.
Our survival and economy don't mean squat to Washington. Their

agenda
and or die.
There is not any shortage of oil nor will there be for the

foreseeable
future. Ethanol is a load of expensive destructive BS.
I filled up with that crap a few days ago. The truck would

hardly start
just now. It bucked and ran rough. Filled it with real gas, a

bit a go,
and it does fine except it drained my wallet. Now over 400.00

for three
vehicles in 2 weeks. 51.00 a while ago for a half tank.
Follow the money. Who's getting rich off electric cars and
infrastructure?
They see Multicultural Britain and France and evidently want

to imitate
hell here for Americans.

What a bunch of run on like diarrhea. Print too much money, the

money
becomes worth less.

There is no difference between a stock in a company and money

stock. DC
doubles the money supply, each USD stock will be worth 1/2 as

much for
100% inflation.

It is that simple. You didn't think all that Obama debt was

free because
some fraud central banker like Bernake decides to create more

valueless
money diluting the money stock did you?

Nope, it isn't free. Now you money for nothing types whine

because you
have to pay more. Well, there is a reason why some of are

"rich" and
some of you are poor.

$400, hell I made triple this on one of my minor positions in

oil stocks
this week because I don't trust USD stock any more. But you

should see
my precious metals...like I hit gold!

Keep on voting Obama, I like this. Makes your labor cheaper by

value as
I preserve my value. And less competition for stuff as you

Obama debt
worshiping idiots are broke.

So pay up, or walk or swim. Maybe buying a canoe and burn off

the brain
fat that doesn't think too clearly. People want more for oil as

the USD
does not buy as much as it used to.
What's your problem. Printing worthles fiat is not the direct

link to
this latest episode.
Obama's oufit and Ayers has an agenda to socialize America

regardless of
or in spite of the cost to Middle America. They are in bed with

Wall
Street on many issues.
The rule in DC is who has the most money rules. It doesn't

matter if you
are Communist or Corporatist. China is Marxist but is a favored
capitalist.

Wow... two morons arguing with each other about the price of tin

foil
hats.

I don't like bull s-----. I like fools even less. Stick it.
plonk

Thank you

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:25:50 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.

It's amazing to me how some people have become brainwashed into
believing that government can do a better job than private industry.

Refining is a dirty, capital intensive business. If you believe there
is so much filthy lucre waiting to be made, you should form a
consortium and go buy or build one. It's a great American tradition
and it creates jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filthy_Luc_Economics_for_People_Who_Hate_Capita lism

wrote:

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.

It's amazing to me how some people have become brainwashed into
believing that government can do a better job than private industry.

I'm supposed to be impressed with private industry's achievements in the
oil business, beyond sticking it to everyone?

wrote:

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.

It's amazing to me how some people have become brainwashed into
believing that government can do a better job than private industry.

I'm supposed to be impressed with private industry's achievements in the
oil business, beyond sticking it to everyone?

Maybe it's just me but I believe that expensive oil is a lot better
than no oil.

wrote:

It's amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the
world exists for corporations.
It's amazing to me how some people have become brainwashed into
believing that government can do a better job than private industry.

I'm supposed to be impressed with private industry's achievements in the
oil business, beyond sticking it to everyone?

Maybe it's just me but I believe that expensive oil is a lot better
than no oil.

The world is awash in oil at the moment. We're all being raped by the
oil companies. The only thing left for them to do is merge with the
health insurance companies. :)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 23:00:47 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:31*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. *It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. *However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

Here's a reasonable explanation why:

http://www.helium.com/items/2143049-...-costs-so-much

Let's not try to confuse them with the facts. They won't appreciate
it, and they're confused enough already.

One thing is for sure however - $4 gas really stings when you're
filling up a runabout or pickup truck. Apparently Amex has a $85
limit on card purchases at the pump. I got cut off the other night a
few gallons short of a full tank. Learn something new every day.
:-)

The local Sunoco station cut me off at $75. I'm pretty sure it was the station. That's only happened
once before, and the proprietor said it was their policy.

wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:31 pm, wrote:
[...]

The only salvation around here is that Giant Food has a promo with Shell
Gas...for every $100 you spend at Giant, you get 10 cents off the pump
price at Shell, and as far as I can tell, there's no limit to how much
of a discount you can accumulate. Last week, I filled up one of our
vehicles, got 90 cents off per gallon, and saved about $20.

I also got a $50 gas card from Amex for test-driving a new BMW up in
Annapolis. Also a Shell promotion.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:31 pm, wrote:
[...]

Harry, if it IS the fault of corporations and speculators, why don't you
buy a large amount of gas and sell it for, say, $2.00 per gallon?

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Frogwatch wrote:
Of course Obama blames "speculators" because that is ALWAYS the reason
why gas costs anything. It is a bit like saying the sky is blue
because it bluish colored. However, what Obama actually means is that
in this context, "speculators" is a code word for "reaql

Indeed, we have to be on the alert for "reaql..."

Hey, we know you're a bat**** crazy rightie, and you just can't live
with the fact that the black guy with the funny name was elected
president over your tired-out old fart McCain and his ditzy sidekick.

Too bad.

Didn't take Harry long to throw up the race card!!!