Default Why gas is $5.00/gal

On 24/04/2011 9:49 AM, Harryk wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:36:48 -0400, Gene
wrote:

uh no. it's speculators. they caused a similar run up under the white
guy who preceded the guy you hate because he's black
Damn speculators.

Why aren't more people doing it? Let's go halves on a tanker load and
resell it on EBAY. Anybody else want in on the deal? We're going to
need a dock, tank farm, distribution network, trucks, pipelines and a
whole sh*t load of permits. With some help from Wall Street we can
probably get 90 day financing.
Sorry, you are too late..... the guys that already had all of that are
reaping all the profits...... re-read that thing about frugality....
proactiveness is number one.....

Holding a big inventory of oil in your tank farm is not without risk
and it takes massive investments in time and money to build the
infrastructure. Not surprisingly, the people who make those
investments expect to earn a profit once in a while.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting earning a profit is illegal or immoral.
Questions arise when those profits become synonymous with rip-off, and
that's what the petrol industry is doing, ripping us off.

How so? When US OilCo goes out and buys oil to make fuels...they need
to buy it at what producers will sell it for.

If you slugs will not pay for it, consumption is reduced and the price
will stabilize.

So pay, produce your own oil or walk. I might suggest walking, get the
fat off the brain.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 25/04/2011 6:52 AM, BAR wrote:
In article8tqdned7uv_i2ynQnZ2dnUVZ_q6dnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

Where do you draw the line? When do profits become synonymous with rip-
off?

What happens if you find out that some other industry is not ripping you
off but is over the line in profits?

Don't forget who profits from oil and does the least. Government. On
volume sold, government makes far more money than do oil companies.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 25/04/2011 7:41 AM, Harryk wrote:
BAR wrote:

They must have finally learned from the Union bookkeepers. How to raid a
union pension fund and strike fund without going to jail.

Once again, you are betraying your ignorance. *All* union pension fund
officers have to be bonded. If there is a discrepancy in the pension
funds, the bonding company has to make it good. As it does, it gets in
contact with the prosecutors and pushes for criminal prosecution, and it
usually gets its way.

Further, because of the difficulty of being in full compliance with all
the federal laws that pertain to pension funds, most union pension funds
retain professional administrators to handle the money and agree on
pension investments. These administrators are well aware of the many
federal regulations that pertain to pension funds, and they don't want
to go to jail, either.

When you think of pension fund raiders, you should think of those
corporations that never bothered to fund their pension liabilities and
leave their retiring employees holding an empty bag. Or the corporations
that go bankrupt and leave their pensioned employees and future
pensioned employees holding an empty bag.

All the union financial corruption in this country since the beginning
of unions here is a drop in the bucket compared to the dollar value of
corporate corruption and Wall Street corruption.

Why do you think all the pension funds I have are in my name, in may
account and under my control? I wish I could get back CPP-SS and say
government, I will worry about myself thank you.

But I never counted on government, so when/if it comes, it will be
pocket change. Collect peoples money for 40 years then screw them --
from your own government.

Of course pensions are corrupt. I knew than 40 years ago.

On 25/04/2011 8:27 AM, BAR wrote:
In articleZ8ydnbWCF5ea5yjQnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

BAR wrote:

They must have finally learned from the Union bookkeepers. How to raid a
union pension fund and strike fund without going to jail.

Once again, you are betraying your ignorance. *All* union pension fund
officers have to be bonded. If there is a discrepancy in the pension
funds, the bonding company has to make it good. As it does, it gets in
contact with the prosecutors and pushes for criminal prosecution, and it
usually gets its way.

Go tell it to someone who will believe you.

Further, because of the difficulty of being in full compliance with all
the federal laws that pertain to pension funds, most union pension funds
retain professional administrators to handle the money and agree on
pension investments. These administrators are well aware of the many
federal regulations that pertain to pension funds, and they don't want
to go to jail, either.

Again, go tell it to someone who will believe you.

When you think of pension fund raiders, you should think of those
corporations that never bothered to fund their pension liabilities and
leave their retiring employees holding an empty bag. Or the corporations
that go bankrupt and leave their pensioned employees and future
pensioned employees holding an empty bag.

I haven't been covered by a pension plan since 1986. When that one
closed down I used the money I received to start my IRA. Since then I
have been funding my own retirement.

All the union financial corruption in this country since the beginning
of unions here is a drop in the bucket compared to the dollar value of
corporate corruption and Wall Street corruption.

Union corruption is notorious and rampant.

http://nlpc.org/union-corruption-update

Didn't do squat for NorTel, GMers, and others either. All those union
dues for nothing. Just feeds the corruption.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 24/04/2011 10:41 AM, Gene wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"A profit once in a while.....?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01oil.html
http://www.grist.org/article/2010-04...ution-while-am
http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/29/news...xxon/index.htm
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

The oil companies and speculators are almost single-handedly
preventing an economic recovery.... and they are being paid handsomely
to do so..... and you are DEFENDING that?

Incredible.....

So? Look at the market capitalization and the amount of money needed to
poke a well to get the stuff.

Hell, if someone invests $50 billion, provides tons of real wealth
producing jobs and wants a $5 billion annual return....this is fair.
One problem is current earnings are often not enough to justify further
investment.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 24/04/2011 5:14 PM, Harryk wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:41:35 -0400, Gene
wrote:

Holding a big inventory of oil in your tank farm is not without risk
and it takes massive investments in time and money to build the
infrastructure. Not surprisingly, the people who make those
investments expect to earn a profit once in a while.
"A profit once in a while.....?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01oil.html
http://www.grist.org/article/2010-04...ution-while-am

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/29/news...xxon/index.htm
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

The oil companies and speculators are almost single-handedly
preventing an economic recovery.... and they are being paid handsomely
to do so..... and you are DEFENDING that?

Incredible.....

It's a very cyclical business and no one feels sorry for Exxon when
they have stagnant growth, or even worse, when they fail to discover
enough new oil to replace what they sold. Unfortunately that is what
is happening. It is probably reasonable to assume that as their
exploration and acquisition costs go up, and as their reserves go
down, they will want a higher price for the product.

In the interest of full disclosure, I own stock in both Exxon and
Chevron-Texaco. Their annual reports make interesting reading and
the future for energy prices is not good.

Well, then, we should keep Exxon and Chevron in our prayers, so they can
continue to rape us while paying you dividends.

Hey, I invested, I deserve a return too. Like you, but my capital, it
does not go to work for nothing.

And nothing to stop you investing in your own country. Nothing at all,
except yourself. Easier to whine and load yourself up with envy eh?
Well, don't complain about being left behind fleabagger.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 24/04/2011 7:14 PM, Harryk wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:39:41 -0400, Gene
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Somehow, you are missing the reality that when Exxon loses money, the
stockholders are ****ed..... when Exxon continues to make record
profits in an otherwise miserable economy, they are sticking it to all
of the users of gasoline.... one way or the other, the entire
American population.... and to the entire American economy....

Let's not forget that they are entitled to make a profit no matter how
miserable the economy might be. Their costs are going up, way up.
Our cost will go up also. The dollar continues to depreciate.
That's a result of our fiscal policies and upside down balance of
payments. A strong dollar would result in cheaper oil, and that is
what we've been used to in the past.

That's what, the fourth excuse Wayne has come up with the justify the
rape of Americans by the oil companies.

You greedy, needy, low life fleabaggers don't get it. Oil companies are
not ripping you off, your own government is.

Toilet paper money has less value this week. Been that way since
government/banks left gold standard in 1914. Just now, government is
broke, and prints money like toilet paper.

You didn't think government could just print money for nothing and no
cost increases? Are you that stupid?

I guess so.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

In article ,
says...

BAR wrote:

[...]

Didn't do anything for Finast either, except bleed them till they sold
to a non-union outfit out of Canada... Didn't do anything for Pratt and
Whitney, or dozens of other CT companies either... On the way to
dismantling the grocery industry here, they made a bunch on the whole
"Sure Fine" sugar company (stop and shop) too...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

On 25/04/2011 7:06 AM, BAR wrote:
In articleS4OdnUsyCedBVynQnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Let's not forget that they are entitled to make a profit no matter how
miserable the economy might be. Their costs are going up, way up.
Our cost will go up also. The dollar continues to depreciate.
That's a result of our fiscal policies and upside down balance of
payments. A strong dollar would result in cheaper oil, and that is
what we've been used to in the past.

That's what, the fourth excuse Wayne has come up with the justify the
rape of Americans by the oil companies.

Your inability to comprehend basic business concepts is sad, very sad.

I hope your twin diesels run on french fry oil.

For HarryK it is easier to whine a lot.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 25/04/2011 4:18 AM, Harryk wrote:
Gene wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Corporations are not, like any individual, entitled to commit treason
with impunity.... no matter how important profit is, to some self
centered investors...

How unAmerican of you, Gene! :)
Don't you believe in corporations über alles?

I believe we need to "restructure" certain aspects of our society, and
part of that restructuring should be how we handle leases to explore and
drill for oil and natural gas.

There's nothing sacred about for-profit corporations. That model isn't
working anymore for us. It's milking the middle class dry and
accelerating the transfer of wealth to the very rich.

There are any number of oil-producing countries in which ownership of
that asset is retained by the state, and the revenues used to finance
the government. The problem here is that Americans have been brainwashed
into thinking the price-fixing, for-profit private sector that dominates
the energy business is the only way to do that sort of business.

As long as you envious, greedy, needy fleabaggers give us the freedom to
pursue the system that has provided the best for the most people on the
planet to date...

Not all of us want to give up our liberty (including economic liberty)
so you selfish bast-ards can rape up. Trouble is flebaggers like you
screwed up so bad your now needy and greedy. You might be willing to
surrender your freedom to big fat government but I for one am not.

I am probably more American than you are.