Default $1.87 per gallon...

Canuck57 wrote:

Funny. I ws born on the poor side of the tracks. 4 kids, single mom, no
money. Put myself through school, no loans... now self made.

But then, I didn't spend my time whining and complaining, I spent it
educating myself and working hard/smart.

Now whiners like you are just envious slugs a still whining. Whine on,
it is what you do best. But pay up or walk.

There's no evidence here you "educated" yourself. You're barely on the
literate side of the tracks. You spout the same hysterical financial
blather you can find on any right-wing nutcase financial site. You're a
gold bug without any gold assets, not even the gold-buggers lapel pin.

Why would anyone envy you? Because you have a Ford pickup truck? Big whoop.

wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 07:47:18 -0400,
wrote:

BAR wrote:
In articlejYWdneirypkx4zDQnZ2dnUVZ_rGdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
I_am_Tosk wrote:
That's what gas prices were the day Barak Obama took the Whitehouse.
Pelosi promised the "first" thing she would address would be gas prices.

They have done nothing but shift a bunch of food into dollars for
Chicago ethanol speculators and refiners, this of course will be a
disaster...

What a simple-minded little troll you are. Fuel prices are determined by
speculators who depend upon fear-mongering. You're one of the
"fear-mongered" masses.

What's your problem? Is the kiddie motorbike racing season in jeopardy?
The Saudi's have come out and said that the market is over supplied. The
price should drop. The questions is will it?

The market, which is for all intents and purposes, unregulated, is
controlled by speculators, not by supply and demand. We. of course, let
the speculators do this, instead of standing up to them and forcing
changes in the way that part of the petrol business is run.

The best control on unreasonable speculation is the market. When these
guys get stuck with contracts that they have committed to and are
significantly higher than the spot price of oil the bubble will pop.
How long that takes to be reflected in gas prices is the variable but
you also have speculation in gasoline itself. Like any commodity,
these transactions are usually highly leveraged so things can happen
pretty fast. What motorists will do, is to slow down discretionary
usage and it doesn't take a lot of demand shift to make speculators
lose their ass because of this leverage. A little fear can drive the
market a lot more than a bunch of regulation.
These days, with the ethanol, gasoline is as perishable as some
produce.They only have about 90 days from refinery to carburetor
before it starts to spoil.

1. There's something about petrol speculators losing their ass that I
find appealing.

2. I doubt the gasoline deterioration problem is as bad as you describe.
When I parked my lawn tractor in the garage last November, the fuel tank
was about half full. I cranked the tractor up the other day. Started on
the first turn of the key, in about 15 seconds, and I mowed the lawn
without incident. This gas was bought about 15 November. It's at least
five months old. I shook up my one gallon can of two cycle mix and used
it to start up the chainsaw and string trimmer. Same vintage gas. No
problems.

I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

Speculator manipulation does not last long. As you say, if a speculator
inlfates and the bubble pops then they lose money. Same with fear, in a
short time the market returns. Hey, if I had a $50/barrel oil tap I
would have it wide open right now.

I was actually in the oil well logging business from 1980-1983. No
shortage of oil exists, just a shortage of cash to get it.

And the anti is up, take BP. To now drill you would want a $20 billion
reserve or insurance. Every penny gets added to the costs.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

Someting I find appealing is listening to fleabagger whiner welshers
like yourself complain about the inevitable. Like you can change reality.

He is actually right. Ethanol fuels deteriorate faster and separate out.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

BAR wrote:
In articleobudnXJyJOFaWjPQnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

What is your plan to enforce changes in an international commodities
market?

How is the US a net purchaser of oil going to change the oil market?

If you are interested, there are plenty of articles available on how and
why the European common market partners are discussing commodity
regulation. They are struggling with it, especially the French, but more
commodity regulation is in the cards.

The era of "free markets" is ending, Bertie. All "free markets" have
done for the last few generations is make the rich richer and the middle
class and poor poorer. Unsustainable. Sorry.

The problems is not free markets. The problem is whiners.

Why are we giving money to Brazil to develop their off-shore oil fields?

Why are we giving money to Columbia to develop an oil refinery?

We should be developing our own oil field's and our own refinery's. This
is an issue of US national security and sovereignty.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Obviously, you don't have the ability to understand what you read. I was
discussing what the European common market countries were doing in terms
of commodity speculation and possible ways to curtail it. That has
nothing to do with the DNC.

The other day you made another of your idiotic comments, regarding one
of Obama's two supreme court nominees.

It's not up to me to decide how to curtail commodity speculation, bozo.
All you are accomplishing here is proving that you really are an
uneducated, unknowing automaton of the really stupid right, a teahadist
birther. You're being used, little man, and you're not even aware of it.

http://www.opec.org

http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/about_us/25.htm

I don't see any European counties on that list of member companies.
Neither is Canada or the USA on the list of member companies.

http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/about_us/23.htm

Says nothing about being nice to the European commodity markets.

In article ,
says...

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

This post will not be addressed, with anything but name calling and made
up talking points..

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

On 20/04/2011 6:04 PM, BAR wrote:
In articlenoidnQ4SZq2STTPQnZ2dnUVZ_radnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

It isn't economical to build more of it into the USA. Taxes, whiners,
unions, stupid politicians, corrupt management, excessive costs...screw
it. Refine it elsewhere as the plastics go to China where they build
things.

As for sovereignty, can't have sovereignty when your $14.5 trillion in
debt (state/city/county extra). That is like saying you own a home with
a 110% mortgage on it.

But Obama closed down your drilling a year ago or so.

I think you and I are near the same page, but it isn't as simple as
fleabaggers think. The government needs a major shakedown, every
department bar none needs to be justified, axed and trimmed by at least
$1.7 trillion per year or USA economic futures are that of third world
status. Just might take a decade to really get that far.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:04:43 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article , payer3389
says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
[...]

I guess you've never heard of Texas.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/rankings/refineries.htm

wrote:

I guess you've never heard of Texas.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/rankings/refineries.htm

You mean, the state that you and Krause love to hate, D'Plume. He was
talking about drilling; not refining. You need to have your ADHD
checked when you go to the Doctor.

$2.96 a gallon [email protected] General 0 April 23rd 06 04:18 AM
$2.96 a gallon JimH General 6 April 22nd 06 02:29 PM
$2.96 a gallon Calif Bill General 7 April 22nd 06 02:09 PM
$2.96 a gallon RCE General 4 April 22nd 06 02:40 AM
$2.96 a gallon JimH General 0 April 21st 06 10:21 PM