jps jps is offline

Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

Because that's what our screwed up laws prescribe...

God forbid we'd try to control the distribution of guns.

BATTLE GROUND, Wash. (AP) - The 3-year-old son of a Clark County
sheriff's detective has died after police say the boy accidentally
shot himself in the head at the family's Battle Ground home.

The Columbian says Ryan Owens died early Wednesday at Legacy Emanuel
Hospital in Portland. Police say the boy's father, Detective Ed Owens,
was off-duty and at home at the time of the shooting late Tuesday
night.

Police say the gun was not a sheriff's department-issued weapon and it
was not immediately clear how the child obtained it. The sheriff's
office mandates that its guns be kept in a safe when officers are at
home.

Sheriff Garry Lucas spent the night at the hospital with the boy's
parents. On Wednesday, Lucas told reporters, "This is a tragedy for
the family involved and our agency."

Battle Ground police, Vancouver police and the sheriff's office are
investigating.

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

Leave it to gun baanning meddlers to say things like that.
Accidents happen. There is no way to be totally safe.
The family is devistated because of the death of the child by accident.
perhaps we should prosecute your parents for your accidental conception.

On 9/16/10 4:07 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

A three year old is killed while playing with one of daddy's loaded guns
and you call it an accident? It was negligence at the very least. The
father should be brought up on criminal charges.
Jim Jim is offline

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

Asshole.
If he was letting his kid run the chain saw or cut wood on the table saw
or run the riding mower you might have a point.
But guns are American, and the kid died like an American.

Jim - You want my gun? Take it from my kid's cold dead hands.

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:07:39 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

That's funny but I was planned. Accidents really can't be afforded in
these situations. This can't be explained by "**** happens."

A small child is dead and the parent is to blame. And, because we've
let the cat out of the bag on small arms, the best thing our lawmakers
can do is punish those who are stupid enough to leave their weapons
within reach of innocents.

The law in Washington State and plenty of others is to prosecute.

Doesn't that seem real ****ed up to you? Is that the best we can do?

This is the third or fourth incident in our (outlying) area in the
past several months in which a young life was taken.

Doesn't it make any impact on you second amendment folks? Do you
think we may have played a little too loose and fast with guns,
forgetting basic human nature is likely to cause a good many
regrettable incidents where innocents loose their very existence?

Anyone who thinks guns and humans are a good mix in volume is a bloody
dunderhead.

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:48:50 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

More proof that you lack any sense of humor.

Throw 'em in jail... Harry[_2_] General 1 February 4th 10 01:41 AM
Just Throw Money! Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 13th 05 11:51 PM
Throw the liberal out! Lance Boyles ASA 3 December 10th 03 04:36 PM