Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

On 9/17/10 12:15 PM, jps wrote:
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:24:13 -0400, Secular Humorist
wrote:

jps wrote:
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:07:39 -0400, Lil wrote:

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:
Because that's what our screwed up laws prescribe...

God forbid we'd try to control the distribution of guns.

BATTLE GROUND, Wash. (AP) - The 3-year-old son of a Clark County
sheriff's detective has died after police say the boy accidentally
shot himself in the head at the family's Battle Ground home.

The Columbian says Ryan Owens died early Wednesday at Legacy Emanuel
Hospital in Portland. Police say the boy's father, Detective Ed Owens,
was off-duty and at home at the time of the shooting late Tuesday
night.

Police say the gun was not a sheriff's department-issued weapon and it
was not immediately clear how the child obtained it. The sheriff's
office mandates that its guns be kept in a safe when officers are at
home.

Sheriff Garry Lucas spent the night at the hospital with the boy's
parents. On Wednesday, Lucas told reporters, "This is a tragedy for
the family involved and our agency."

Battle Ground police, Vancouver police and the sheriff's office are
investigating.

Leave it to gun baanning meddlers to say things like that.
Accidents happen. There is no way to be totally safe.
The family is devistated because of the death of the child by accident.
perhaps we should prosecute your parents for your accidental conception.

That's funny but I was planned. Accidents really can't be afforded in
these situations. This can't be explained by "**** happens."

A small child is dead and the parent is to blame. And, because we've
let the cat out of the bag on small arms, the best thing our lawmakers
can do is punish those who are stupid enough to leave their weapons
within reach of innocents.

Honestly, JPS, these sad incidents involving guns is not really why you
want guns banned.

OK, tell me why I want guns banned. Which, by the way, is not
something I've said.

Sadly, you are responding to the ID spoofer, not me. He knows you aren't
going to respond to him unless he pretends to be someone else.

In article , says...

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

**** you, spoofer. I have guns.

"jps" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:39:38 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:41:01 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:31:43 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:09:17 -0400, Secular Humorist
wrote:

A three year old is killed while playing with one of daddy's loaded
guns
and you call it an accident? It was negligence at the very least. The
father should be brought up on criminal charges.

I don't disagree as I said in my last note but being devil's advocate,
would you feel the same way if the kid found the car keys and drove
the car out in front of a school bus full of handicapped kids, driven
by a pregnant woman?

The even bigger question is how does the three year old tell the
difference between your example bus and a bus filled with normal kids
being driven by a barren woman?

Given the choice, what which bus would the three year old hit?

OK I just threw in the school bus, the handicapped kids and the
pregnant woman to push as many buttons as possible but back to the
point

Would you throw a parent in jail if their kid found the car keys, got
in the car and killed themselves someone else?
It is a similar weapon, potentially deadly for whoever it hits.
There is only one kind of dead.

My point is: That this trouble with guns is so out of control that
our best answer to negligence in gun safety has us prosecuting parents
of dead kids?

WTF is wrong with this picture?

The cat is out of the bag and now we're coming up with idiotic answers
because lawmakers are too scared of the gun lobby, it's money and
political clout.

Well, adults are typically legally responsible for their children's
behavior, so from a legal standpoint, it makes some sense. You're right that
it doesn't help much after the fact of the death, but by that logic we might
as well let murderers go without penalty, or at least the ones that murdered
with some justification... spousal abuse reaction, whatever.

I don't know if gun locks are worth it or not, but if you saw Moore's
Bowling for Columbine, it isn't about the number of guns. It's about the
society in which they exist.

wrote:

[...]

I'm in favor of loading up the teaparty ninnies with firearms and crank,
and turning 'em loose on each other. You know, to improve the gene pool. :)
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:50:14 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Yes, proof positive that our society and guns don't mix well.

Let's get more and cheaper out there and take ****ing forever to close
the gun show loophole.

The loon shot in DC today will get sentenced and serve whatever time,
is then free to jump in his car and head right to Virginia for a gun
show where they couldn't care liess if the guy is insane, a criminal
or criminally insane.

If we can't even control that situation, what's the chance of having a
reasonable approach to gun ownership and safety.

These gun freaks should all have to serve time in a trauma unit.

jps jps is offline

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I thought you were being coy so I was interested. Should have
known it was from a dweeb.

In article ,
says...

On 9/16/2010 11:54 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

Coy? You should know by know that I'm just about as coy as a bull in a
china shop.

jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

You're going to use darwin to explain the death of a 3 year old?

In article ,
says...

You're going to use darwin to explain the death of a 3 year old?

Should the parents of a 3 year old who is not in a car seat be thrown in
jail if the child is killed in an accident?

Throw 'em in jail... Harry[_2_] General 1 February 4th 10 01:41 AM
Just Throw Money! Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 13th 05 11:51 PM
Throw the liberal out! Lance Boyles ASA 3 December 10th 03 04:36 PM