mmc mmc is offline

Default Throw his ass in jail!!!

"jps" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:39:38 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:41:01 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:31:43 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:09:17 -0400, Secular Humorist
wrote:

A three year old is killed while playing with one of daddy's loaded
guns
and you call it an accident? It was negligence at the very least. The
father should be brought up on criminal charges.

I don't disagree as I said in my last note but being devil's advocate,
would you feel the same way if the kid found the car keys and drove
the car out in front of a school bus full of handicapped kids, driven
by a pregnant woman?

The even bigger question is how does the three year old tell the
difference between your example bus and a bus filled with normal kids
being driven by a barren woman?

Given the choice, what which bus would the three year old hit?

OK I just threw in the school bus, the handicapped kids and the
pregnant woman to push as many buttons as possible but back to the
point

Would you throw a parent in jail if their kid found the car keys, got
in the car and killed themselves someone else?
It is a similar weapon, potentially deadly for whoever it hits.
There is only one kind of dead.

My point is: That this trouble with guns is so out of control that
our best answer to negligence in gun safety has us prosecuting parents
of dead kids?

WTF is wrong with this picture?

WTF is wrong with holding people responsible for their actions???

Jim Jim is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:33:11 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...
You're going to use darwin to explain the death of a 3 year old?

Should the parents of a 3 year old who is not in a car seat be thrown in
jail if the child is killed in an accident?

Again, just like the gun, they would charge the parent in Florida for
a child not in a car seat. I suppose that is OK too.
In the infamous "moral equivalency" business, what is the difference?

We have decided there are no accidents, only criminal offenses, if a
kid is killed.
I suppose you know, the National Electrical Code now requires all
receptacles are child proof (shuttered).

What a load of BS.
You're qualifying as a gun-nut real fast.
You and the others talking about rocks, knives and cars are just full of
****. Probably just don't like jps.
Got nothing to do "moral equivalency."
Got nothing to do with rocks, cars, knives or electricity.
They ain't designed to kill.
Guns are designed to kill.
The purpose of a gun is to kill.
And for daddy, it worked as designed on his 3 year-old.
There was no ****ing "accident."
The gun worked perfectly and did its job.

Daddy did no different than if he ushered a lion or grizzly bear into
his 3 year-old's bedroom and shut the door.
I don't care one way or another about guns.
Outlaw them or make everybody carry. Probably won't make difference.
But it really takes a gun nut to defend this prick daddy.
I don't say throw him in jail, because he killed his own blood.
If it was neighbors kid he should get 20 years in the clink.
But he should never be allowed to possess a firearm again.
You're either for "personal responsibility" or you ain't.

Jim - Lame arguments are still better than name-calling I say.

In article , says...

wrote:
[...]

Knives are designed to kill. Swords are designed to kill. Arrows are
designed to kill. It is not the object it is the intent of the user of
the object. The object just makes it easier and faster for the user to
implement his intent.

wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

The cat is out of the bag and now we're coming up with idiotic answers
because lawmakers are too scared of the gun lobby, it's money and
political clout.

Fretwell doesn't want anything done about anything, because everything
is morally equivalent. Or some such nonsense.

It is called freedom. Once we decide it is OK to ban something because
it might hurt someone where do you stop. Cars kill as many as guns.
Why not start there? How about banning boats? Maybe just restricting
them to 5 MPH? Oops, that has already happened here over hundreds of
square miles., not to save humans, to save manatees.

Completely fallacious argument. By that logic, we should have no
regulations, no criminal laws, and total anarchy.

Oops... we already have speed limits for cars. Get used to it!

wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:33:11 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

You're going to use darwin to explain the death of a 3 year old?

Should the parents of a 3 year old who is not in a car seat be thrown in
jail if the child is killed in an accident?

Again, just like the gun, they would charge the parent in Florida for
a child not in a car seat. I suppose that is OK too.
In the infamous "moral equivalency" business, what is the difference?

We have decided there are no accidents, only criminal offenses, if a
kid is killed.
I suppose you know, the National Electrical Code now requires all
receptacles are child proof (shuttered).

So, to hell with child safety? That's what you're arguing for... let's go
back to the robber barrons...

http://tinyurl.com/2f57cwl

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
In article , says...

wrote:
[...]

No they aren't. They're designed to cut. Some swords are ceremonial. Arrows?
Like this: --- Seems harmless enough.

Jim Jim is offline

BAR wrote:
In article , says...
wrote:
[...]

Stone-age thoughts from a stone-age mind.
Bring that **** to a gun fight. Don't forget your sling and javelin.
If you don't know the difference between leaving that stone-age crap
or a loaded firearm where your 3 year-old kid can get to it, you'll
never understand the concept of personal responsibility.
Probably don't even know a 3 year-old kid can't blow his brains clear
out with a finger squeeze on that stone-age crap either.
Others here were talking about the 3 year-old grabbing the car keys and
taking a spin.
Then they start talking about rocks and baby seats and the ****ing
National Electric Code.
Now here you are saying a 3 year-old will blow his brains out with an
arrow or hari-kari his brains out with a sword anyway.
So hell, a loaded gun is no worse. It's all the same.

Jim - Figured I'd hear this kind of nonsense. It's rec.boats.

Throw 'em in jail... Harry[_2_] General 1 February 4th 10 01:41 AM
Just Throw Money! Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 13th 05 11:51 PM
Throw the liberal out! Lance Boyles ASA 3 December 10th 03 04:36 PM