Tim Tim is offline

Default Gasahol Blues

On Jul 27, 1:28*pm, W1TEF wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:09:02 -0400, Wayne.B

wrote:
For gasoline Sta-Bil seems to be the product of choice among people
that I know. *I've also used it myself with good results.

Star-Tron is the way to go. I've been using it now for a couple of
years in both the Grady and Ranger - not a hickup. Sta-Bil did have
some problems a few years ago when ethanol was first introduced and
were late to the party, but they also changed their forumulation a
little to adjust. *Star-tron was formulated for ethanol gasolines - I
think the representative said up to 20% ethanol, but don't quote me on
that - it was at the Boston Boat Show a couple/three years ago.

So far, it's been great.

Where do you get the stuff, Tom? auto parts store?

I'll be checking in on it because the new hydrogenated gas-o-hol's are
a concern on my aged 85 hp SeaHorse.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

In article ,
says...

"Larry" wrote in message
sherwin dubren wrote:
For years now, I have been fighting the problems keeping my 4
stroke Ymmaha T9.9 running. Even with adding preservatives to
the gas tank, replacing the fuel delivery system, and adding
a 19 micron filter inline with the gas feed, the tiny jets on
this engine occasionally block up. Nothing helps short of tearing
down the carb to clean them. Most of the modern gas engines have
these small jets that continually block up. Gasahol is mostly to
blame either because it dissolves any loose dirt in your system
or breaks down into something that eventually blocks the carbs.

Now we have an increase of alcohol being pushed by our farmers
to 15 per cent instead of the current 10 percent. This is sure
to make the problem worse. The engine manufacturer's have not
come up with a really good solution. Just band-aid fixes like
adding inline filters and preservatives to the gas. This is
taking all the fun out of boating and can even be a safety issue.

Sherwin

I have fuel infection but that is also susceptible to clogs and failure.
I have been using this in my boat and ATV for years will good results:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

It's a lot cheaper than Yamaha's version of the same product.

That stuff has a good reputation but After putting two cans of the stuff
through the fuel system on my bike I still had to have the carbs cleaned.

Spoofer, are you saying that your year old motorcycle has had to have
carb work on it already?
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"Harry?" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Larry" wrote in message
sherwin dubren wrote:
[...]

That was my imaginary bike. My real bike is 15 years old. Cleaning the carbs
was part of the problem. A collapsed vacuum hose and a rotted diaphragm was
the rest of the problem.

--
Me

WaIIy wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:27:00 -0400, wrote:

sherwin dubren wrote:

[...]

I've used Seafoam in my cycles, scooter, lawnmowers, etc and it's great.

A highly regarded product.

So far, so good in the ATV. That see's the least amount of hours. I
only use it to move by boat around my yard and out to the street. The
area I store it has a septic tank and my 5000# plus SUV would find the
bottom of that fast and kill WAFA and Dummy in the process.

"Larry" wrote in message
So far, so good in the ATV. That see's the least amount of hours. I only
use it to move by boat around my yard and out to the street. The area I
store it has a septic tank and my 5000# plus SUV would find the bottom of
that fast and kill WAFA and Dummy in the process.

Terrible way to disrespect your family. Have you no class at all?

Friday Morning Blues! Loogypicker[_2_] General 1 April 30th 10 05:25 PM
End of Season Blues Boater General 30 October 25th 08 02:22 PM
Monday Morning Blues Joe ASA 1 September 10th 07 07:14 PM
Blues, Brews, and Canoes [email protected] General 5 May 5th 05 04:45 AM
Them Liberal Blues. Harry Krause General 2 August 13th 03 02:19 AM