Default Gasahol Blues

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:05:09 -0400, Larry wrote:

---

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"WaIIy" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:27:00 -0400, Larry wrote:

sherwin dubren wrote:
For years now, I have been fighting the problems keeping my 4
stroke Ymmaha T9.9 running. Even with adding preservatives to
the gas tank, replacing the fuel delivery system, and adding
a 19 micron filter inline with the gas feed, the tiny jets on
this engine occasionally block up. Nothing helps short of tearing
down the carb to clean them. Most of the modern gas engines have
these small jets that continually block up. Gasahol is mostly to
blame either because it dissolves any loose dirt in your system
or breaks down into something that eventually blocks the carbs.

Now we have an increase of alcohol being pushed by our farmers
to 15 per cent instead of the current 10 percent. This is sure
to make the problem worse. The engine manufacturer's have not
come up with a really good solution. Just band-aid fixes like
adding inline filters and preservatives to the gas. This is
taking all the fun out of boating and can even be a safety issue.

Sherwin

I have fuel infection but that is also susceptible to clogs and
failure. I have been using this in my boat and ATV for years will good
results:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

It's a lot cheaper than Yamaha's version of the same product.

I've used Seafoam in my cycles, scooter, lawnmowers, etc and it's great.

A highly regarded product.

My T-8 only had a problem running at trolling speed. Was about where you go
from the low speed to the high speed jets. This is an 8 year old engine,
and runs off the main 65 gallon tank, so the gas in not always changed
monthly. But I do run through a water separating filter. Probably a 2
micron, but not really sure. But we do not have the humidity here that a
lot of the country has. Ran come injector cleaner in to the carb and let it
sit a week and runs great now.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

In article ,
says...

"Larry" wrote in message
YukonBound wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
YukonBound wrote:

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"Harry ?" wrote in message
m...
On 7/30/10 9:28 AM, YukonBound wrote:

"Harry?" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Larry" wrote in message
So far, so good in the ATV. That see's the least amount of
hours. I
only
use it to move by boat around my yard and out to the street. The
area I
store it has a septic tank and my 5000# plus SUV would find the
bottom of
that fast and kill WAFA and Dummy in the process.

Terrible way to disrespect your family. Have you no class at all?

Little buddy, I've got to tell you, it's looking like you have an
infatuation with Larry.

Just the reverse Doper...... I'm constantly fending off his
advances.

You're just encouraging him, Don.

He's just following our lead, brother. You know he can't think for
himself. Should we be proud of making Don what he is today? Probably
not.

--
Me

'make"??
You couldn't make your bed without help.
I don't make my bed. Margaret does it, right?

So... now you're admitting you are the 'Harry' spoofer.
What a dingbat!

Dingbat THIS, Harry boy!

Heat getting to you down there... that's a dumb reply.

Hehe! You're getting bad, little buddy. Larry's doing the exact same
thing you do. And yes, it was a dumb reply and is every time you do it.

Friday Morning Blues! Loogypicker[_2_] General 1 April 30th 10 05:25 PM
End of Season Blues Boater General 30 October 25th 08 02:22 PM
Monday Morning Blues Joe ASA 1 September 10th 07 07:14 PM
Blues, Brews, and Canoes [email protected] General 5 May 5th 05 04:45 AM
Them Liberal Blues. Harry Krause General 2 August 13th 03 02:19 AM