Default Here's your gov run health care...

Want to see what gov run health care would look like? Here's a
glimpse:

My wife is the CFO of a small to medium sized health care business.
One of the things they are involved with is hospice care, which in
part gets billed to Medicare. Right now, Medicare owes them nearly a
million dollars, and they won't pay. Why, you ask?

Well, you might think that the company was under scrutiny, or has
filed improperly. Not the case... the snafu is solely on Medicare's
side, and they admit it. They say they have a glitch in their system,
telling them to hold on while they try to "work it out". Meanwhile,
Medicare (the federal government, on Obama's watch) is hurting this
private business, forcing them to carry the government of the US
because of Medicare's clerical error!! This has been going on for
several weeks, and has risen to the level of letters and calls to
federal legislators for help, with no end in site.

So now you want to turn our health care over to this same
bureaucracy? Do that and watch as thousands of private health care
providers go bankrupt or simply shut down and walk away, unable to
continue to stay in business. We'll have a system where only the rich
and powerful (like the congress and senate) have decent and timely
health care because they don't have to rely *solely* on the public
option. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be fighting, and waiting, for
the scraps doled out by the government.

"We're from the government, and we're here to help you." Uh-huh.

Jack wrote:
[...]

Anything that causes you grief is...worth it.

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

So, because of a couple of bad situations, the rest of the people shouldn't
get healthcare that's good and affordable.. I get it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 08:38:08 -0800 (PST), Jack
wrote:

[...]

If you listened to any of the C-span Senate debate today, you'll hear
about the cuts being planned for home and hospice health care.

--

John H

wrote:

[...]

The really unbelievable thing is that hospice care is the best
possible alternative... it allows patients to remain in their homes
instead of hospitals. That allows them a better standard of life in
their last days, while reducing the cost of care as compared to them
being in a hospital or other managed care facility, which is their
only other option... other than dying in pain, and alone, or sitting
in a hospital at 4 times the cost.

Cutting funding of this program, as this administration is doing, is
myopic and shortsighted at best. Why reduce funding to the biggest
bang for your buck program there is? While there is the Medicare
monster sitting there in the middle, it's a bit like cutting off your
nose to spite your face.

We need thinking people in DC, instead of the pie-in-the-sky idiots
that are there.

On Dec 5, 12:52*pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message

[...]

That's what you call "a couple of bad situations"? And the supposed
payoff is healthcare "that's good and affordable"? The terms "good
and affordable" are not in evidence at this point... not proven. In
fact, all evidence points otherwise.

I get it... you *don't* get it.

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:18:39 -0800 (PST), Jack
wrote:

We need thinking people in DC, instead of the pie-in-the-sky idiots
that are there.

Nothing happens in Washington unless there are well organized groups
lobbying for it. Very few, if any, decisions are made as a result of
thinking about what makes the most sense.

"Jack" wrote in message

[...]

"Health care provders" If you're talking about doctors, etc., they'll do
just fine. If you're talking about insurance companies, they either can
compete or go under.

So, basically, you don't get it, but feel free to tell us you do.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

[...]

Reply: More fear-bases bs from the right, most likely.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Jack" wrote in message

[...]

Unfortunately, I'm not talking about an insurance company, but real
life doctors, nurses, and an organization that provide health care to
real people. They are not now doing "just fine", and will not when
saddled with a proposed 5 billion dollar cut and government red-tape.
You will lose.

You see, I'm talking about reality. You're spouting what Olberman
told you to think.

How about that health care... Tom Francis - SWSports General 9 November 13th 09 07:10 PM
Health Care Jenny Cruising 0 September 26th 09 01:40 AM
Thank God for pvt health care Frogwatch General 31 September 6th 09 02:54 AM
Health Care [email protected] General 0 October 18th 08 01:05 AM
Health Care Eat Me, Trolls General 12 February 3rd 08 08:00 PM