posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

Default Health Care

On Oct 17, 5:14 pm, rand mair fheal wrote:
In article ,

Cliff wrote:
Not per the experts in the medical field.
Nor by the actual experience in many, many other nations.

depends

with approximately the current health care
it could save money by eliminating duplication and overhead

however some people calling for national healthcare
want a fantasy of unlimited care for themselves
paid for by someone else

universal coverage for almost all problems
but not extraordinary care for people while dying
could well save money both in health care
and for reduced harm to society as whole

arf meow arf - cats and dogs living together - who ya goin call
its the end of the world as you know it - filler text goes here
this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang
this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang

OK, I'll break my new pledge not to discuss politics although this can
be discussed without regard to politics.
My solution is: OUTLAW HEALTH PLANS FOR ROUTINE HEALTH CARE. Yup,
you read it right. Health insurance should be for catastrophic
incidents amounting to more than 3% of your income. Next, reform the
malpractice industry (not gonna happen). This would allow doctors to
become self employed again and allow a free market system with
competition to get rates down for routine care. It would help a lot
to allow nurses to do a lot of routine stuff. Real health insurance
would then be relatively cheap. Take actions to encourage more walk
in clinics instead of people using emergency rooms. Right now, the
big problem is the absurd malpractice premiums. Perhaps some doctors
could be allowed to incorporate to shield their personal assetts from
malpractice suits. This would allow them to be independent again. We
really need to limit legal fees in malpractice awards to something
that causes lawyers to hesitate even when somebody has deep pockets.
Joint and several liability should be changed so that an entity pays
in proportion to liability not all of an award.
Next, increase medical savings accounts to some reasonable level AND
make costs of medical care deductible from taxes, not from income
(actually, I'd proportion the deductibility from both income and tax
so as to not provide an inducement to fraud).
In reality, this is not a political issue because it crosses party
lines. I talk to many people who are truly afraid to start their own
business because of the fear of health care costs. Since small
business is responsible for most job growth, taking care of this issue
would probably cause a huge jump in self employment and in
productivity, Have you ever considered the number of people who
continue to work for the govt doing nothing productive simply because
they are afraid of health care costs? Free them to do innovative
stuff and watch the economy take off.