Jim Jim is offline

Default Conservative or Liberal?

The D wrote:
H the K wrote:
On 9/30/09 1:21 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:33:49 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message

i'm finding that the conservatives here have a woeful lack of
knowledge about current events...

Firstly, I disagree with you labeling them "conservative." They don't
really
appear to be that. I think radical right (radical for this country
anyway)
would be more appropriate. I'm a fiscal conservative for sure. I'm a
liberal
when it comes to social issues.

Secondly, I'm shocked by the seeming lack of knowledge about current
events
also. I think that's not really the case. I think it's more of
ignoring
facts when they're inconvenient.

I'm happy to reevaluate the performance of Obama and/or the Dem.
"leadership" in Congress as necessary. The latter are truly
dropping the
ball right now, and I strongly believe that Obama got involved too
late in
the process. I don't see those on the radical right honestly
evaluating
those politicians (and other, e.g., Beck, Rush, Wilson, Palin,
Cheney) on
the right who are leadership roles (in name or in fact).

It's good to see you have found your 'niche' here, right between Harry
and w3fh, with Donnie as a chaser.

If you find things too shocking, there really are a lot of political
groups where your expertise would be immensely appreciated.
--
John H

All decisions, even those of liberals, are the result of binary
thinking.

Feel free to leave if you don't like my quality or quantity of posts.
I'm
sure you'll do well somewhere.

I tried to get him to re-enlist in the army so he could be shipped off
to Iraq and with his body keep a potentially useful young American
from being shot.

How did that work out for you, narcissist?

I can't believe that Krause the well known draft dodging coward could
even jokingly suggest that a man who gave up 20+ years of his life to
serve his country, go back and give some more. Krause you are a pathetic
worthless P.O.S.

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"JohnH" wrote in message
It's good to see you have found your 'niche' here, right between Harry
and w3fh, with Donnie as a chaser.

If you find things too shocking, there really are a lot of political
groups where your expertise would be immensely appreciated.
--
John H

~~ Snerk ~~
In other words...she wised up to you very quickly.

Actually, I'm pretty slow to take offense or get angry. I don't usually yell
at someone or call them nasty names or try to demean them because of their
sex.

Yeah, you are such a victim.

"Halloooooo" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"JohnH" wrote in message
It's good to see you have found your 'niche' here, right between Harry
and w3fh, with Donnie as a chaser.

If you find things too shocking, there really are a lot of political
groups where your expertise would be immensely appreciated.
--
John H

~~ Snerk ~~
In other words...she wised up to you very quickly.

Actually, I'm pretty slow to take offense or get angry. I don't usually
yell at someone or call them nasty names or try to demean them because of
their sex.

Yeah, you are such a victim.

Yeah, you have trouble reading.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"If a conservative is a homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life. If
a liberal is a homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect."

Uh, NO, not quite. If a conservative is homosexual, he won't
necessarily IDENTIFY as such, he may get married and father children
to help advance his own political career, and he'll spout hypocritical
anti-Gay positions ... but still enjoy engaging in furtive, anonymous
sexual encounters with other men, usually at motels, roadside rest
areas, and airport bathrooms.

Whereas if a liberal is homosexual, he will more like live his life
openly, honestly, and with political integrity, and advocate equal
treatment for all law-abiding, taxpaying citizens regardless of sexual
orientation.

As for what you call "legislated respect," you and I both know there
really is no such thing. No amount of legislation could coerce you
into respecting anyone. Do you know anyone who is Gay? Do you know any
longterm Gay couples? And if so, is it possible for you to respect the
commitment they have made to each other?

Perhaps not. Perhaps no Gay person would get your respect. But the
fact remains that there is simply no Constitutional justification for
denying law-abiding Gay individuals and couples the very same legal
benefits and responsibilities that Straight individuals and couples
have always taken for granted.

Let's go back to your original statement, and simply change
"homosexual" to "black." Perhaps you would say, "If a liberal is
black, he will loudly demand his civil rights. If a conservative is
black, he will be content to sit in the back of the bus."

"PolishBear" wrote in message
[...]

My, aren't we a tad touchy over a bit of tongue-in-cheek banter? "Methinks
thou dothe protest too much..."

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 05:44:41 -0700 (PDT), PolishBear
wrote:

[...]

Homosexual couples should have all the rights as heterosexual couples.
Just don't call it marriage. Why do you capitalize 'gay'. Is it now a
proper noun? Is it more a proper noun than heterosexual?