Default Conservative - 1 Liberal - 0

So I'm sitting at a street light in my pickup on the way to pick
apartment trash for the dump and suddenly, out of no where, wham,
crash, tinkle, thump....

Somebody hits me from behind - hard.

So I look out the rear view and there is only a lot of steam rising.
Ok, time to get out and look.

I grabbed my EMS jump kit, get out and walk to the back of the truck -
yep, there she be - a Scion all rumpled and crumpled with a slightly
dazed driver, cell phone in hand, that "surprised" look on her face
and a couple of passengers who were none the worse for wear but upset
- I don't blame them.

Being the type I am, I immediately asked if everybody was ok and if
not, stay in the car - help will be on it's way shortly. They were
all ok, and crawled out albeit with a little help. I had them sit on
the low stone wall adjacent to the accident and just gave them a quick
pulse, respiration, BP kind of thing - any bumps, bruises, etc., nope,
everybody ok.

Fire Rescue and police arrive and I hand over the vitals then walk
over to the officer who was looking at the cars. Took some pictures
then asked me to pull my truck away a couple of feet. I did and went
back to look at the Scion - wowzer - there was nothing left of the
front end - like totaled. My hitch had a little anti-freeze on it and
some very minor scratches on the bumper and a deeper scratch on the
tail gate - other than that, nuttin'.

So to put paid to this, I chatted with the officer for a minute,
answered his questions and he told me I can leave. I said after I
check on the victims - walked over to the wall where they were being
attended to and the young lady who was driving was on her cell phone
and I swear to you this is what she said:

"But Daddy, we've got to get to the Lamont rally - you need to give us
a ride."

A little silence.

"But Daddy it's important - we have to go to support Ned".

Silence.

"Yes Daddy, I was talking on the cell phone, but we had to coordinate
with the rest of the class - the Lamont rally, then the anti-war rally
- I really want you to take us."

Now I could hear Daddy - he was quite upset.

"Yes Daddy - I told the officer I was on the cell phone - DADDY DON'T
SHOUT!!!"

We have a no handset cell phone law in this state, heh, heh, heh. :)

At that point I just left.

In my truck.

With the very minor damage.

Chuckling to myself the entire way.

Of course now I have a headache and my freakin' shoulder is killing
me, but it was worth it. :)

Some here most likely think the lady hitting you has bad Karma.....you know,
the one who totaled her car.........while talking on the cell
phone.............while driving and not paying attention...........while
rushing to get to an anti war rally. ;-)

Glad to hear no one was hurt.

http://users.myexcel.com/n7il/enligh...t/DOT_Sign.jpg

JimH wrote:
[...]

You ALWAYS try to interject non-truth into a post, don't you? Where did
ANYONE say they were "rushing" to get to an anti war rally?