Default Conservative - 1 Liberal - 0

So I'm sitting at a street light in my pickup on the way to pick
apartment trash for the dump and suddenly, out of no where, wham,
crash, tinkle, thump....

Somebody hits me from behind - hard.

So I look out the rear view and there is only a lot of steam rising.
Ok, time to get out and look.

I grabbed my EMS jump kit, get out and walk to the back of the truck -
yep, there she be - a Scion all rumpled and crumpled with a slightly
dazed driver, cell phone in hand, that "surprised" look on her face
and a couple of passengers who were none the worse for wear but upset
- I don't blame them.

Being the type I am, I immediately asked if everybody was ok and if
not, stay in the car - help will be on it's way shortly. They were
all ok, and crawled out albeit with a little help. I had them sit on
the low stone wall adjacent to the accident and just gave them a quick
pulse, respiration, BP kind of thing - any bumps, bruises, etc., nope,
everybody ok.

Fire Rescue and police arrive and I hand over the vitals then walk
over to the officer who was looking at the cars. Took some pictures
then asked me to pull my truck away a couple of feet. I did and went
back to look at the Scion - wowzer - there was nothing left of the
front end - like totaled. My hitch had a little anti-freeze on it and
some very minor scratches on the bumper and a deeper scratch on the
tail gate - other than that, nuttin'.

So to put paid to this, I chatted with the officer for a minute,
answered his questions and he told me I can leave. I said after I
check on the victims - walked over to the wall where they were being
attended to and the young lady who was driving was on her cell phone
and I swear to you this is what she said:

"But Daddy, we've got to get to the Lamont rally - you need to give us
a ride."

A little silence.

"But Daddy it's important - we have to go to support Ned".

Silence.

"Yes Daddy, I was talking on the cell phone, but we had to coordinate
with the rest of the class - the Lamont rally, then the anti-war rally
- I really want you to take us."

Now I could hear Daddy - he was quite upset.

"Yes Daddy - I told the officer I was on the cell phone - DADDY DON'T
SHOUT!!!"

We have a no handset cell phone law in this state, heh, heh, heh. :)

At that point I just left.

In my truck.

With the very minor damage.

Chuckling to myself the entire way.

Of course now I have a headache and my freakin' shoulder is killing
me, but it was worth it. :)

Did you have a Lieberman bumper sticker on your truck? Maybe she hit you on
purpose.