HK HK is offline

Default Death of a religious sect on the horizon?

JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:06 am, Tim wrote:
On Jun 22, 6:50 am, wf3h wrote:

IOW it's wrong about everything.

I very much disagree with you , but I won't argue about it.

I wonder why seemingly good people, and of course assholes like Harry
feel the need to push their anti-Christian bigotry on everyone
whenever they find a remote opening, or even make one up? Why must
they shove their "religion" down our throats all the time... Oh,
but we can't talk about ours, that would hurt their feelings and they
would want to take us to court snerk In other words, why are they so
hypocritical?

I'll try to make it really simple for you, ****-for-brains.

I'm not pushing any religion or any religion's alleged principles,
precepts, beliefs. I don't give a **** if you believe in a supreme
being, or a terra cotta statue, or a great pair of teats.

What fundamentalist religions do, religions like the white southern
baptists, is try to push their alleged principles, precepts, beliefs,
and bull**** onto others, and onto society generally.

You can talk about *your* religion to your heart's content. I wouldn't
lift an eyebrow to stop you. If, however, you try to use the people's
facilities, or the people's property (public schools, or building a
creche in front of the public's firehouse, for example), to sell your
particular brand of snake oil, then I think you should be taken into court.

On Jun 22, 10:54*am, HK wrote:

What hypocrites do, is try to push their alleged principles, precepts, beliefs,
and bull**** onto others, and onto society generally.

There, I fixed it for you. You can thank me later...
HK HK is offline

On Jun 22, 10:54 am, HK wrote:

What hypocrites do, is try to push their alleged principles, precepts, beliefs,
and bull**** onto others, and onto society generally.

There, I fixed it for you. You can thank me later...

So, you've seen the light about organized religion, eh?

You really ought to stick to what you know best...child endangerment and
arguing with the police.

On Jun 22, 10:54 am, HK wrote:

What hypocrites do, is try to push their alleged principles, precepts, beliefs,
and bull**** onto others, and onto society generally.

There, I fixed it for you. You can thank me later...

So, you've seen the light about organized religion, eh?

You really ought to stick to what you know best...child endangerment and
arguing with the police.

And you hiding under your desk and giving Stumpy blowjobs...

On Jun 22, 8:06 am, Tim wrote:
On Jun 22, 6:50 am, wf3h wrote:

[...]

particular brand of snake oil, then I think you should be taken into court.- Hide quoted text -

Then why in hell are you trying to shove YOUR ideals down OUR throats,
asshole?

Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 22, 8:56*am, HK wrote:
wf3h wrote:
On Jun 22, 6:20 am, Jim24242 wrote:

That's good news for Harry Krause, isn't it. The fear and intimidation
you suffer at the prospect of being asked to consider a moral, ethical,
and religious life must have you shakin in your boots

except, of course, the s. baptists have never come close to living a
moral ethical and religious life. the church was founded as a
proslavery church in 1845 and has opposed freedom for anyone ever
since...in the name of god. it's also america's leading pro-
creationism church

IOW it's wrong about everything.

An absolutely backwards "bunch" of religious zealots, doing "the devil's
work" wherever it can. That floridajim believes they're moral and
ethical says even more about him than it does about the white southern
baptists.

What about the Black Southern Baptists, Harry? There's lots of them.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 22, 8:28*am, "mmc" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

* Southern Baptists look for cures to stagnation
'Great Commission Resurgence' » Leaders will present declaration at annual
meeting this week.

By Adelle M. Banks

Religion News Service

Salt Lake Tribune
02:56:55 PM MDT

Decades of painful conservative-moderate fights. Stagnant baptism rates..
Membership malaise. Surveying the state of the Southern Baptist
Convention, seminary president Danny Akin can sum it all up in six words:

"Business as usual is not working."

Seeking to turn things around for the nation's largest Protestant body,
Akin has teamed with SBC President Johnny Hunt to draft a "Great
Commission Resurgence" declaration that will be presented to the Baptists'
annual meeting June 23-24 in Louisville, Ky.

The goal is to find a new way forward after several high-profile campaigns
to boost the number of baptisms -- a key measure of vitality and an
article of faith for Baptists -- fell flat.

Hunt told one Baptist newspaper that the SBC is like a ship that is
"adrift" and needs to consider ridding itself of unnecessary "cargo."

For the Rev. Micah Fries, a 30-year-old pastor of a Southern Baptist
church in St. Joseph, Mo., such analogies are appropriate for a
denomination that has grown in size and bureaucracy in its more than 150
years of history.

"We need to lose some excessive baggage," he said, noting a worrisome $30
million shortfall in an international missions offering that will reduce
the number of missionaries deployed oversees.

Reduce the number of missionaries? When I met a family of SB missionaries in
post war Croatia, my first thought was "just what these people (Croats)
need- another f-ing religion"
When I met SB missionaries in Al Hilla, Iraq in 2003, the first thing that
hit was that we'd end up finding them in the desert without thier heads.
Don't know if they were intact when they left, but going door to door and
telling Muslims they got it all wrong doesn't seem like something to put on
the 'ol life insurance form.

Mike, The missionaries don't go "door-to-door" to the muslims. Usually
the Muslims come to them. and the misionaries don't normally lose
their heads.

they get shot.

http://www.christianaction.org.za/ar...RY_DOCTORS.htm

oddly enough. the missionaries treated a young man about two weeks
earlier, and this is how he responded to the missionaries and their
clinic.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:40:49 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 22, 8:28*am, "mmc" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, free food and medical attention do wonders to ingratiate
followers to a sect. bin Laden uses the same tactics. We'd have won
the war several years ago if we'd have taken over Afghanistan with
food, medicine and books.

Unfortunately, that's not the business of the US. We're in the arms
business.
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:56 am, HK wrote:
wf3h wrote:
[...]

Different organization.
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:28 am, "mmc" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

And what is the purpose of a Southern Baptist "missionary" hospital?

Leftists as religious fundies Katie Ohara General 3 June 14th 09 04:03 AM
More religious craziness HK General 1 May 13th 09 05:19 PM
religious humor Calif Bill General 7 December 10th 08 05:43 PM
Maybe a little too religious for some... John H. General 84 December 29th 07 01:28 PM
(OT) "We are in a religious war" [email protected] General 0 March 24th 04 01:24 AM