Default Death of a religious sect on the horizon?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:58:22 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:51:21 -0400, "Reginald P Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:08:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects
You missed some.

I'd say he missed a lot.

I missed what you meant by that statement. Is that a complement?

Are we discussing trigonometry now?

ROTFL!!!

Great minds and all that.

wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:08:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects
You missed some.
I'd say he missed a lot.

I missed what you meant by that statement. Is that a complement?

Why would we discuss geometry?

Wait - what are we discussing?

That is what is wrong with you old guys, you can't follow a simple
thread.

wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:08:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects
You missed some.
I'd say he missed a lot.

I missed what you meant by that statement. Is that a complement?

Are we discussing trigonometry now?
--
John H

"HONK - if I'm paying your mortgage!"

Yes, what did you think we were talking about?

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:08:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects
You missed some.
I'd say he missed a lot.
I missed what you meant by that statement. Is that a complement?

Why would we discuss geometry?

Wait - what are we discussing?

That is what is wrong with you old guys, you can't follow a simple
thread.

Old Timer's Disease.

Well, that and we confuse easily.
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:46:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 25, 2:20*am, jps wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:11:39 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 24, 11:54*pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:04:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 24, 8:02*pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:31:47 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 24, 7:23*pm, John H wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:35:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 24, 6:22*pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 24, 12:37*pm, jps wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:54:12 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 22, 9:54*am, HK wrote:

What fundamentalist religions do, religions like the white southern
baptists, is try to push their alleged principles, precepts, beliefs,
and bull**** onto others, and onto society generally.

Harry. religions help to form societies. some for the good and some
for the not so good.

Atheistic thinking does too. Just ask Karl Marx.

As if all atheists are Marxists.

How Rushian of you.

"Rushian?"

If you mean R. Limbag, I haven't listened to him in probably two
years.

He inhabits your soul. *He's a good Christian.

Jon, I can just imagine Jesus is looking down and laughing his butt
off at that statement you just made.

LOL!

Hey Tim, when I called the dealer, I'd talked to an underling. The
boss called me back a while ago to tell me they check out the gas
situation at no charge. That's not bad! He also promised to get it
done the day I brought it down.

COOL! *It sounded like a real bummer at first. But now that I think
about it, the dealership doesn't have anything to gain by being
abrupt.

especially on a year old brand new boat.

hope all goes well, John.

If it doesn't, maybe Jesus will step in!

Step in and do what?

Magic!

He regularly takes sides in sports contests, don't you know?

He was at Bush's side when Bush was deciding (he was the decider, you
know) to invade Iraq and put our military in harm's way.

It was Jesus vs. Mohammed.

Really? is that how it worked?

Well, what do you know? it's news to me...

I always thought it was Bush and allies went to war with terrorist
extremeists?

I didn't know that Jesus was going to be duking it out with Mohammed.

maybe that's what you saw?

That's what the Muslims saw. *The crusades.

What I saw was a deluded idiot shadow boxing against an opponent for
whom he had no appreciation or sense.

Simple Jesus believing man who thought God had chosen him to be
President. *Didn't realize it was the supreme court.

If that is what you wish......

Where did I wish anything? What I'd wish for is that evangelicals
would wake up from their little dream world.

jps jps is offline

wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:08:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects
You missed some.

I'd say he missed a lot.

I missed what you meant by that statement. Is that a complement?

Are we discussing trigonometry now?

ROTFL!!!

Great minds and all that.

Lowest common denominator would make that an impossibility.

"Yogi of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 03:18:14 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:11:15 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Careful, you're approaching the maximum allowable nom de plume
characters
in
Usenet.

The King of Numb-de-Plums on Usenet was a guy whose original nick was
Smush. At one time he had used over 230 different and unique nicks and
every one of them was funny as hell and said as much about the subject
being flamed as the posts themselves. Guy was amazing.

Ah yes - those were the days when flame wars were exercises in
creativity and style - not this screaming choke fest you see nowadays.

Lots of the same old, same old in here. Very repetitions.

Back in the day, was there all the foul mouthed, family insulting, trash
talk? Or was it skillful use of language without all the garbage?

Master works of invective that were sheer works of poetry.

One, a guy who went by the name Deacon, was particularly skillful.

And of course, who could forget Gharlane of Eddore - there was a guy
who could write a sentence that would make your eyes water laughing as
he was slipping the shiv to somebody.

Good times - good times. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gharlan...dore_(Pen-name)

Leftists as religious fundies Katie Ohara General 3 June 14th 09 04:03 AM
More religious craziness HK General 1 May 13th 09 05:19 PM
religious humor Calif Bill General 7 December 10th 08 05:43 PM
Maybe a little too religious for some... John H. General 84 December 29th 07 01:28 PM
(OT) "We are in a religious war" [email protected] General 0 March 24th 04 01:24 AM