HK HK is offline

Default Doing my best to stimulate the economy

Steve wrote:
On 30-Mar-2009, "Don White" wrote:

Subject: Doing my best to stimulate the economy

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.

...and the Japs appreciate that!

The RAV4 is manufactured in Canada for North American markets.

Steve wrote:
On 30-Mar-2009, "Don White" wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.

....and the Japs appreciate that!

Yeah, way to go Don, that's the way to support the Canadian economy.
Send the money to Japan.

On 30-Mar-2009, HK wrote:

The RAV4 is manufactured in Canada for North American markets.

The RAV4 is ASSEMBLED in Canada for North American markets.
HK HK is offline

Steve wrote:
On 30-Mar-2009, HK wrote:

The RAV4 is manufactured in Canada for North American markets.

The RAV4 is ASSEMBLED in Canada for North American markets.

Last December:

12/04/2008, 3:47 PM
SUV
Toyota opens SUV plant in Ontario

Despite slumping North American sales, Toyota officially opened a new
production facility in Woodstock, Ontario on Thursday.

***The Woodstock facility — which employs 1,200 workers — will build the
Toyota RAV4, marking the first time that the small SUV has been built
outside of Japan.***

The Woodstock plant represents more than an $860 million investment by
Toyota, bringing the Japanese automaker’s total investment in Canada up
to $4.38 billion. Although the plant was originally intended to run on
two shifts, the Woodstock will run just one line with an annual capacity
of 75,000 units.

The opening ceremony was attended by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen
Harper, Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty and Toyota Motor Corporation
President Katsuaki Watanabe, among thousands of other workers and suppliers.

“We started production in nearby Cambridge almost exactly 20 years ago,
and this Woodstock plant shows our commitment to Canada is continuing,”
Watanabe said.

The opening of the Woodstock plant marks Toyota’s 14th plant in North
America, bringing total capacity to two million vehicles.

- - -

As with every other car produced in North America, the Canadian-built
RAV4 will have international content.

Don White wrote:
Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

You overpaid, dummy. Don't do the same with your new chick car (not an
SUV).

Don White wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:07:11 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes
with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car
companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Why do you find it attractive to lease instead of buy?

I don't...it was a 'one off' thing. I needed a tow vehicle for the
Sandpiper 565 I owned but wasn't sure how long I was keeping the sailboat.
Ford had what seemed to be good lease rates that year plus a grand in free
accessories plus I won another $500.00 playing their Lets Make a Deal
promotion.
It just seemed a fairly low cost way to have a 2nd vehicle.
Did I say I 'purchased' the RAV4? No more leasing for me.

They won. They got a car back with half the allowed mileage. Of course,
since you are dumb, you returned it rather than trading it in or finding
a private buyer. I picked up $2K when I traded in my first Jeep GC
rather than handing it to the leasing company.

Steve wrote:
On 30-Mar-2009, HK wrote:

The RAV4 is manufactured in Canada for North American markets.

The RAV4 is ASSEMBLED in Canada for North American markets.

The profits leave Canada faster than he can exit the dealer's lot.

On 30-Mar-2009, HK wrote:

12/04/2008, 3:47 PM
SUV
Toyota opens SUV plant in Ontario

Despite slumping North American sales, Toyota officially opened a new
production facility in Woodstock, Ontario on Thursday.

It's predominantly an assembly operation as are all North American foreign
vehicle plants. I was a supplier to the auto industry for 30 years, and in
fact was involved with this operation while it was still a cow pasture, I
believe it was called "CAMI" while it was developed, strangely, with the aid
of GM of Canada,ironically now itself out to pasture.

No more than 25 to 30% of the "content" is domestic - the rest is Asian. If
it makes you feel better, the Korean vehicles "built" in North America are
less than 10% domestic content.

Hey, what the hell, you can always work at Walmart!

Check the material suppliers, the tooling companies and capital equipment
operations in Mississauga and Windsor. Dead. Why's that??????? See
above.

But you get good mileage!! hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

On Mar 30, 2:07*pm, "Don White" wrote:
Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options *etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. *This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. *Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Well, isn't that special. Why do you feel it necessary to post your
purchases here?
Tim Tim is offline

Yeah, way to go Don, that's the way to support the Canadian economy.
Send the money to Japan.

Well, I sent (not personally) a bunch of money to China today. But I'm
still supporting the economy. I helped a local gun dealer get a good
bulk discount. He needed the extra amount to qualify for a 25,000
round purchase .