Default Doing my best to stimulate the economy

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

On Mar 30, 3:07*pm, "Don White" wrote:
Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options *etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. *This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. *Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

RAV 4.......I'll bet it's pretty!

On Mar 30, 4:54*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes
with you going over every detail, al the options *etc....then it's the
business guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me
to hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car
companies are using now. *This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain
mellowed him out. I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear.
Odometer read 29902 kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Too small. *Unless you are short. *Wife loves her new Vensa.

The same thing that Tim Hortons Donuts are giving away in the " Roll
Up The Rim " scam.

On Mar 30, 3:39*pm, wrote:
On Mar 30, 3:07*pm, "Don White" wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options *etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. *This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. *Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

RAV 4.......I'll bet it's pretty!

Prettier than the junk you're driving......

On Mar 30, 4:04*pm, wrote:
On Mar 30, 3:39*pm, wrote:

On Mar 30, 3:07*pm, "Don White" wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options *etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. *This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. *Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

RAV 4.......I'll bet it's pretty!

Prettier than the junk you're driving......- Hide quoted text -

I agree! I don't drive *pretty* little things. Now, let's see YOUR
credibility if you have any. What do you know about what I'm driving?

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:07:11 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Why do you find it attractive to lease instead of buy?

wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes
with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car
companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Why do you find it attractive to lease instead of buy?

I don't...it was a 'one off' thing. I needed a tow vehicle for the
Sandpiper 565 I owned but wasn't sure how long I was keeping the sailboat.
Ford had what seemed to be good lease rates that year plus a grand in free
accessories plus I won another $500.00 playing their Lets Make a Deal
promotion.
It just seemed a fairly low cost way to have a 2nd vehicle.
Did I say I 'purchased' the RAV4? No more leasing for me.

wrote:

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes
with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car
companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.

Why do you find it attractive to lease instead of buy?

He saw a low monthly price. Only time that a lease pays is if the car is
for business use mostly. When I drove a car and the company paid a car
allowance, I was limited on my depreciation deduction. Where as a leased
car the whole payment was deductible on taxes. or the percentage used for
business use was deductible.

On 30-Mar-2009, "Don White" wrote:

Subject: Doing my best to stimulate the economy

Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.