Default Doing my best to stimulate the economy

John H wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:45:44 -0400, BAR wrote:

GC Boater wrote:
On Mar 30, 2:07 pm, "Don White" wrote:
Just picked up my new 2009 Toyota RAV4.
Bit of an ordeal these days...... the salesman spends about 45 minutes with
you going over every detail, al the options etc....then it's the business
guys turn.
Too bad it's such a crappy cold, windy, damp day up here... wife & son are
working overtime tonight so it would have been a good opportunity for me to
hit the open road with the dog.

The lease return inspection went well...I had heard some horror stories
about the 3rd party inspection company (AutoVin) that a lot of car companies
are using now. This guy was good...maybe the heavy rain mellowed him out.
I didn't have to pay for any excess wear & tear. Odometer read 29902
kilometers...I was allowed 60096.
Well, isn't that special. Why do you feel it necessary to post your
purchases here?

I purchased a Subway $5 foot long meatball and cheese combo for lunch
today.

I hope you shared it with someone nice!

Buy your own!

wrote in message
On Mar 31, 3:37 pm, "Mike" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 30, 10:55 pm, "Mike" wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

On 30-Mar-2009, HK wrote:

12/04/2008, 3:47 PM
SUV
Toyota opens SUV plant in Ontario

Despite slumping North American sales, Toyota officially opened a new
production facility in Woodstock, Ontario on Thursday.

It's predominantly an assembly operation as are all North American
foreign
vehicle plants. I was a supplier to the auto industry for 30 years,
and
in
fact was involved with this operation while it was still a cow
pasture,
believe it was called "CAMI" while it was developed, strangely, with
the
aid
of GM of Canada,ironically now itself out to pasture.

No more than 25 to 30% of the "content" is domestic - the rest is
Asian.
If
it makes you feel better, the Korean vehicles "built" in North America
are
less than 10% domestic content.

Hey, what the hell, you can always work at Walmart!

Check the material suppliers, the tooling companies and capital
equipment
operations in Mississauga and Windsor. Dead. Why's that??????? See
above.

But you get good mileage!! hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Careful... when someone has harry beat, he resorts to 3rd grade insults.
hope you have a thick skin!! lol

--Mike
Like your thick head?

Another zinger from slammie. That one hurt!

--Mike

I thought I was " plonked ".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Actually, I don't have anyone "plonked" anymore, nor do I pretend to like
harry. I was missing out on too many of your witty replies to me and others.

--Mike

On Mar 31, 7:23*pm, D K wrote:
BAR wrote:
GC Boater wrote:
[...]

How was it?- Hide quoted text -

I'll bet it was good. I bought a breakfast sausage biscuit at the
local Exxon station this morning when I was filling up my car.
Buscuit was excellent and car runs good. Didn't want anybody to miss
out on the news of my purchases.

On 31-Mar-2009, wrote:

Check the material suppliers, the tooling companies and capital
equipment
operations in Mississauga and Windsor. *Dead. *Why's that??????? * See
above.

But you get good mileage!! * hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

"Cami" is in Ingersoll Ontario, stupid. Shows what you actually
know. And you call Don stupid?

I seldom find it necessary to call people stupid - they advertise that
themselves.

I stand properly corrected in Ingersoll vs. Woodstock; it WAS 25 years ago
when it began; i.e., the demise of Canadian auto production.

The Cami Plant in Ingersoll is still producing loads destined for
Dearborn, MI, and bringing in US produced Domestic Rail Traffic put on
the ramps for our Carhaulers, destined for Dealers in the GTA, Niagara
Penninsula, and Eastern Ontario.
Other loads also go to Cheektowaga NY, and Lewiston, NY. Then we
pick up mostly Ford backhauls being delivered on the way home as a "
Peddler " to dealers on the way. F 1, 2, 3 and 450's, Escapes, Taurus
X's, etc.

You're a truck driver? Can't beat that credential...CAW?

I don't believe you were involved with anything, and are talking
out your ass.

You beliefs are a personal problem .....you believe Toyota's are "built" in
Canada. Your neighbors in the ghetto to the South suffer similar delusions.

And some people keep buying Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda Outboards.....
Where's THAT money going, hmmmmmm?

Japan - rice burners aren't limited to automobiles.

Whatever you want to believe is your personal issue. You bought a rice
burner and sent $20,000 to Japan. Just don't burden others with the
foolishness that you "stimulated" the economy, i.e., Canada's, when you did
something to amplify the problem.

Cheer up, though...someone in this thread actually confessed to buying a
Lada and Yugo!

In the mid 80's there were a lot of Lada's in Ontario - I asked a purchasing
manager of GM of C in Oshawa "why?" He shouted "....BECAUSE TRUDEAU IS A
F**KING COMMUNIST!!!!........" Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Asian econoboxes are easy to park when dragging all the red Chinese junk
home from "The Bay," though.

I presume you also didn't know U.S. manufacturers cannot ship automobiles
to, or build assembly plants in, Japan or Korea.

D K wrote:
BAR wrote:
GC Boater wrote:
[...]

Very good. I have developed a taste for them.

"Steve" wrote in message

Whatever you want to believe is your personal issue. You bought a rice
burner and sent $20,000 to Japan. Just don't burden others with the
foolishness that you "stimulated" the economy, i.e., Canada's, when you
did
something to amplify the problem.

*Well...the local Canadian auto dealer felt stimulated I'm sure

Cheer up, though...someone in this thread actually confessed to buying a
Lada and Yugo!
In the mid 80's there were a lot of Lada's in Ontario - I asked a
purchasing
manager of GM of C in Oshawa "why?" He shouted "....BECAUSE TRUDEAU IS A
F**KING COMMUNIST!!!!........" Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

*Maybe that purchasing manager should have been more concerned about the
quality of GM products than Trudeau's views.
They wouldn't have to be panhandling for taxpayer dollars todayjust to meet
a payroll.

Asian econoboxes are easy to park when dragging all the red Chinese junk
home from "The Bay," though.

I presume you also didn't know U.S. manufacturers cannot ship automobiles
to, or build assembly plants in, Japan or Korea.

*I heard they couldn't pass a quality test.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 31, 2:36*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 05:53:39 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Mar 31, 5:10*am, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
Yeah, way to go Don, that's the way to support the Canadian economy.
Send the money to Japan.
Well, I sent (not personally) a bunch of money to China today. But I'm
still supporting the economy. I helped a local gun dealer get a good
bulk discount. He needed the extra amount to qualify for a 25,000
round purchase .
I'm not a fan of Chinese small arms or ammo, but lots of guys are. I've
seen a couple of interesting Chinese semi-autos, but the stamped out AK
knockoffs, nah.

How much ammo you keep around?

Well, I'd say I have about 7-8000 rounds of 7.62x39, Cheap shooting.
The SKS's are crude looking, simple yet effective for what they are
but have some really neat features you don't find on about anything
else, like a chrome lined bore (fights corrosion) a bayonet that is
more than a toad sticker, it can be pressed into the ground and used
as a monopod and *they're very dependable, and danged cheap rifles *to
own shoot. *But true, they don't win the beauty prize.

I have over 3000 rd of 5.56 (223) and at least 1000 rd of 357, 44, and
45 in each caliber, and I'm not sure but I think I have about 1500 in .

On Mar 31, 10:31*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

I presume you also didn't know U.S. manufacturers cannot ship automobiles
to, or build assembly plants in, Japan or Korea.

*I heard they couldn't pass a quality test.

I heard neither of *you* can pass a basic competency test. :-)

I have spent a bit of time in Tokyo and the surrounding area, and
there are plenty of American cars there. They are considered status
symbols. Protectionism at its finest.

On Mar 31, 9:23*pm, "Schteeeeeeeve babbled:

Your a Truck Driver, Cant beat that credential...CAW ?

No, Teamster. Yes, I am a Truck driver...how sharp of you,
Schteeeeeeve.

Japan - rice burners aren't limited to automobiles.

Still Asian......

I presume you also didn't know U.S. manufacturers cannot ship
automobiles
to, or build assembly plants in, Japan or Korea.

Ya, that would be due to the over-population of slaves, by the
rich....along time ago. Too many people VS Land Mass.
What would be the sense? They're still using steam, and burning more
coal than this side of the Earth. I thought you more astute,
Schteeeeeeeve