Default On topic photos...

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:13:53 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:36:01 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
It's just not that big a deal, guys. Really. Go boating, or, in the case
of FloridaJim, pretend you have a boat.

No, no. We are all concerned with your prop. You have a steel prop? What
kind of steel? Stainless steel?
What grade of Stainless steel?

This is serious. If that steel prop is rusting already, you might get
stranded 50 yards offshore in the Bay.
What else is rusting?

Do you carry a spare prop in case of an emergency?

It's a Yamaha.

Probably carries a spare engine for those circumstances. :)

Which brings up an interesting point - I carry a spare prop, but last
summer it occurred to me that I've never tried to change it in the
middle of the lake.

Guess what - I can't. It's too far back for me to reach in the fully
tilted up position.

You weren't aware of that? Seriously?

Never occurred to me for some reason.

I carry a spare prop, but I
figure it is going to be changed on shore or from someone else's boat. I
saw a guy do it while swimming in the water offshore of Jax, or at least
he was finishing up the job. Didn't see the whole thing being done.

Actually, I asked one of my friends who is a Sea//Tow skipper if they
would do it from another boat - turns out that yes - that would be
covered as a service call.

So there you have it.

Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

I don't think you can call me a right-wing piece of ****. I voted
for Obama

Liar.

Nope, not only did I vote for Obama,

Liar.

Did I tell you my son worked/volunteered at his local Obama campaign
headquarters, and my eldest daughter spent a few days getting people to
register. Yup, as always you are wrong.

Your problem is you tell so many lies, that you find it hard to believe
that some people don't bother to lie.

Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

I don't think you can call me a right-wing piece of ****. *I voted
for Obama

Liar.

Nope, not only did I vote for Obama,

Liar.

Harry calling someone else a liar.............OH, THE IRONY!!!!!!!

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message news

Which brings up an interesting point - I carry a spare prop, but last
summer it occurred to me that I've never tried to change it in the
middle of the lake.

Guess what - I can't. It's too far back for me to reach in the fully
tilted up position.

Didn't the Marine Corps teach you how to swim?

Eisboch

Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

I don't think you can call me a right-wing piece of ****. I voted
for Obama

Liar.

Nope, not only did I vote for Obama,

Liar.

Hey, just because Reggie is a lib, don't mean he has to like you.

--Vic

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:06:07 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:12:32 -0500, wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
It's just not that big a deal, guys. Really. Go boating, or, in the case
of FloridaJim, pretend you have a boat.

No, no. We are all concerned with your prop. You have a steel prop? What
kind of steel? Stainless steel?
What grade of Stainless steel?

This is serious. If that steel prop is rusting already, you might get
stranded 50 yards offshore in the Bay.
What else is rusting?

Do you carry a spare prop in case of an emergency?
It's a Yamaha.

Probably carries a spare engine for those circumstances. :)

Which brings up an interesting point - I carry a spare prop, but last
summer it occurred to me that I've never tried to change it in the
middle of the lake.

Guess what - I can't. It's too far back for me to reach in the fully
tilted up position.
You can't swim?

Tell you what - you go swimming in 50 degree water in the Spring to
change a prop - I'll watch. :)

Ever swim at Revere Beach or Nantasket? I did when I was a kid. I doubt
I could tolerate it in August these days.

Devreaux Beach which might as well be the same - it's about six miles
apart. :)

All I know is that I hate being cold - I'm cold when the wood stove is
cranking and it's 75 in the house. Mrs. Wave thinks I'm a freak of
nature - which I am.

God's honest truth - at night, I've got two down comforters, one
thermal blanket, a flannel blanket and I wear socks to keep my feet
warm and have been known to wear jersey gloves when my hands get cold.
Mrs. Wave has maybe a sheet and the flannel blanket covering her -
maybe. Plus the temp is set for 62 overnight and goes up to 75 at 0445
for a 0500 wake up because if I get a chill from a cold room, the rest
of my day, and everybody else's, will be ruined. :)

Even when I was a kid, I would wear a thin wet suit over a heavier wet
suit when diving. Later on, I wore dry suits even during the summer.

I have no internal temperature regulation at all - I'm always cold.
About the only time I'm not cold is when the temp is in the mid-80s -
then I'm fairly comfortable.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:10:25 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message news

Which brings up an interesting point - I carry a spare prop, but last
summer it occurred to me that I've never tried to change it in the
middle of the lake.

Guess what - I can't. It's too far back for me to reach in the fully
tilted up position.

Didn't the Marine Corps teach you how to swim?

Actually, no. I learned at the Milwaukee YMCA swim club when I was
four.

All the Marine Corps taught me was how not to sink with a field pack -
which, by the way, was something that I already knew how to do. That
was the one thing I never had any trouble with - swimming that is.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:54:12 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Nope, not only did I vote for Obama,

Communist. :)

Mrs. Wave, for the first time ever since we've been married, voted for
McCain.

I actually convinced her that was the better choice.

Well, that and the fact that (1) Hillary wasn't the nominee and (2)
she was not impressed with his performance at the NEA convention and
felt that he was taking the NEA endorsement for granted.

I still like to pretend that it was my convincing argument for McCain
that did it. :)

WW I photos Gene Park Tall Ship Photos 0 April 30th 08 11:52 PM
photos Wm Watt General 1 October 3rd 06 05:34 PM
On Topic: More Fair photos - with a BOAT!!!! *JimH* General 10 September 4th 05 03:08 PM
More Photos Seahag ASA 24 December 29th 04 03:40 PM