*JimH*

Default On Topic: More Fair photos - with a BOAT!!!!

Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

Great pics...fantastic clarity.

You may have already posted this, but remind me....what camera do you have?

DSK

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

Looks like a pretty tough boat... they probably drop it out the back of
C-130s whenever they need a boat. I mean "Combat Support... could be
anything!

Cool pics, thanks for posting.

Fair Skies
Doug King

PocoLoco

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:24:38 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

That's a bridge erection boat, used by Engineers when constructing floating
bridges. It's also used as the prime mover for four or five floating bridge
sections being used as rafts. May also be used as a utility boat.
--
John H

PocoLoco

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:16:45 -0400, DSK wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

Looks like a pretty tough boat... they probably drop it out the back of
C-130s whenever they need a boat. I mean "Combat Support... could be
anything!

Cool pics, thanks for posting.

Fair Skies
Doug King

They are assigned to Engineer Bridge Companies. Air transportable, yes, air
dropable, never heard of it (after many years as a Combat Engineer).
--
John H

PocoLoco

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:39:28 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:16:45 -0400, DSK wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

Looks like a pretty tough boat... they probably drop it out the back of
C-130s whenever they need a boat. I mean "Combat Support... could be
anything!

I had the same thought when I looked at it's "trailer". It's actually
a skid made of 1/4" aluminum box - gotta be strong as hell.

The boat seems pretty sturdy it'self. It's got the same diesel engine
as the Bradley I think - it looked the same anyway. Again, all 1/4"
aluminum plate and welded.

I really need to stop tomorrow and ask what it is used for.

Cool pics, thanks for posting.

Enjoyed sharing them.

These are normally carried on the back of 5-ton trucks, lifted there by a crane.
Cranes are also a part of the bridge companies equipment.
--
John H

PocoLoco

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:19:20 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

wrote:

Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is
does and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few
questions.

I will find out though - maybe tomorrow.

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...batsupport.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...portbridge.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...upportdata.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/woods...orttrailer.jpg

That's a bridge erection boat, used by Engineers when constructing floating
bridges. It's also used as the prime mover for four or five floating bridge
sections being used as rafts. May also be used as a utility boat.

Know what - that makes perfect sense because the local Army National
Guard unit is an Engineer Battalion and they have all that fancy pants
bridge building stuff in the equipment yard at their Armory.

Good enough - thanks for the info.

Amazing what you can learn on the newsgroup.

There ya go. Blow a kiss to those guys (and girls) next time you drive by.
--
John H

DSK

PocoLoco wrote:
That's a bridge erection boat, used by Engineers when constructing floating
bridges. It's also used as the prime mover for four or five floating bridge
sections being used as rafts. May also be used as a utility boat.

Ah so. Looks very capable, thanks for the info.

DSK

PocoLoco

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:21:48 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I didn't get a close look at the propulsion gear - prop or jet drive?

Props, when I was in.

But here's some info on a newer version - twin jet drive!

http://combatindex.com/store/tech_ma...ats_index.html

Their may be even newer versions out by now.
--
John H

thunder

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:24:38 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Army National Guard Combat Support Vessel. I have no idea what is does
and there wasn't any Guard types around to answer a few questions.

Ad a .50 caliber, and I suppose it does whatever it wants. ;-) That seems
to be one hell of an overbuilt trailer.
PocoLoco

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:35:05 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Um....I don't think so.

It's not like I don't appreciate them and all, but they are Army.

Maybe they'd give you a ride in their boat!
--
John H