Default On topic photos...

wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:29:25 -0500, Boater

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:31:32 -0500, Boater
wrote:

...little place for them here, eh?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/ce0a1de9.jpg

Anyway, here's a snap of Yo Ho's business end. I'm waiting for the
shrinkwrap guy to show up this week. Wrapping the exhaust after the
motor drains is part of the winterizing process. I've got to spend a few
minutes removing the rust from the prop and repainting it. One of these
days I'll find a prop paint that actually stays on the blade tips. :)

Why paint a stainless prop? Surface rust on 304 SS is normal ... if
you don't boat a lot. It really isn't hurting anything. If I am out of
town for a few weeks and not boating I see a little on mine. It buffs
right off after an hour or so of running

Yeah, it does come right off while running. I never gave it much
thought. But I'll still clean it off and coat the prop before the
shrinkwrapper arrives.

Actually, coating stainless promotes rust. Stainless loses it's rust
resistant properties when deprived of oxygen.

Hmmm. Okay...I'll clean it off and not coat it!

wrote:

[...]

I guess that is why I have never seen people paint their SS props. Most
people are smart enough not to paint them. I am glad you learned
something in this post. You get to do your normal trolling (the real
reason you come here) and you inadvertently actually learned something.

wrote:

[...]

Shouldn't you be outside taking blurry, blown out photos and then
painting your SS prop?

wrote:

[...]

GPUAR, Reggie. And why not post a photo that shows nature as she is,
Reggie? Certainly an asshole like you can't improve upon it.

wrote:

[...]

Did you paint your prop yet?

Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Boy. I'm I glad I am not conversant with gibberish. I suspect that
comment wasn't nice.

wrote:

[...]

I think he was acknowledging my intellectually superiority.

I really am glad he took that photo, I guess he though everyone wanted
to look at his rear end. Little did he know he shows it daily in almost
everyone of his posts.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0Boats/ce0a1de....

[...]

Hmmm. Okay...I'll clean it off and not coat it!- Hide quoted text -

Whew.......boy!

WW I photos Gene Park Tall Ship Photos 0 April 30th 08 11:52 PM
photos Wm Watt General 1 October 3rd 06 05:34 PM
On Topic: More Fair photos - with a BOAT!!!! *JimH* General 10 September 4th 05 03:08 PM
More Photos Seahag ASA 24 December 29th 04 03:40 PM