Tim Tim is offline

Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

On Nov 15, 10:01*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

I'm sure he'll be able to deliver on...some. and MANY will fall by the
wayside for obvious reasons that he exaggerated his promises.

Kind of like the dog trying to figure out what to do after he caught
the car. the car.

But that's not uncommon. I'd say that 80% of politicians are liars
anyhow. *The other 10% try to convice the public they were only joking.

New math?

Eisboch

No, I forgot to follow up that the remaining 10% are actually honest
and do serve the public.

But they don't get any recognition and don't last long.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.
I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises, make
progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside for various
reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're not being
realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

To the best of my recollection, Obama never said anything that would lead
anyone to those conclusions. On the other hand, Bush said he would catch
those responsible for plotting 9-11. When is that going to happen? On
Obama's watch?

Obama never said the exact words leading to the woman's reaction. However,
he said things that led gullible people (like her and others) to draw that
conclusion, just like you seem to have drawn the conclusion that Bush said
he'd get bin Laden on his watch. He never said that. In fact, he was very
careful to say it may take a very long time, even ten years or more.

BTW, recent reports by military commanders and the CIA indicate that they
have been able to further zero in on bin Laden's hiding spot. I wouldn't
be surprised to hear some really good news someday soon.
According to the report, bin Laden has effectively been cut off from any
direct communications or contact with al Qaeda outside of the small group
who are trying to protect him. He spends 24 hours a day concentrating on
not being captured or killed. What a life, huh?

Eisboch

That may be so, but I see no reason to believe our "intel" sources.
Their track record...sucks.

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

A lot of folks came to those conclusions because of Obama's promises of
a chicken in every pot and his promise to re distribute wealth and
provide free this and that to everyone. His speeches were carefully
crafted to suck in the barely literate and give them hope and promises
of a carefree prosperous, and happy future. What amazes me is that he
sucked in so many supposedly bright people like yourself as well. You
better hope and pray that congress starts taking a daily dose of smart
pills and begins to do the job we are paying them to do.

Right, Jim. I was going to vote for "Bomb, Bomb Iran" and the
simple-minded Alaskan Jesus Freak.

Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

His head on a pike would make an excellent Christmas present.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

You may not have voted for the less of two evils.

What the hell is '"Jesus Freak". You make Archie Bunker sound like a
choir boy.

"Boater" wrote in message

That may be so, but I see no reason to believe our "intel" sources. Their
track record...sucks.

Of course. What else would you think? You are well programmed.

Eisboch

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

Actually, I am using the term ironically. Sarah Palin actually is not a
Jesus Freak. She is the antithesis of a Jesus Freak. But you wouldn't
understand it under any circumstances.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

I simply asked you to define Jesus Freak. Apparently, you don't have an
answer.

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

D'oh.

Go change a sparkplug, "chief."
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

Another gotcha. You are getting too easy.

OT ... but funny RCE General 24 June 17th 06 04:02 PM
LOL but not really so funny Steve Leyland ASA 4 May 23rd 06 07:53 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor ASA 0 March 31st 06 04:01 PM
Not Funny Lonny Bruce ASA 1 March 18th 05 11:42 PM