RCE

Default OT ... but funny

http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

basskisser

RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

By the way, a lot of episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard was filmed in
Covington Georgia, not too far from where I live. It's grown alot and
hard to recognize, but in the older part of town you can recognize the
court house, stores, etc. that you see on the show.

basskisser

Harry Krause wrote:
RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

You'll surely hear from one of the newsgroup idiots who thinks that TV
show is insulting to southerners or rednecks or actors who play them.

Or inflammatory to Mopar owners!

Reginald P. Smithers III

RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

Richard,
Do you know how many General Lees they had?

They must have destroyed one hell of a lot of them during the series.
Reginald P. Smithers III

RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

How about this from the city that brought you Chuck Gould:

http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/

basskisser

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

Richard,
Do you know how many General Lees they had?

They must have destroyed one hell of a lot of them during the series.

http://local.aaca.org/junior/starcars/duke.htm

This site says over 300, because they wouldn't jump one twice because
of worries about structrual fatigue.

RCE

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
news
RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

Richard,
Do you know how many General Lees they had?

They must have destroyed one hell of a lot of them during the series.

The accounts vary from 218 to 300 cars that were totaled during the course
of the series ... from 1979 to 1984.
They wrecked an average of 2.5 cars per episode.

I've done a bunch of research on the background of the car I have and this
is the most accurate info I have to date:

Warner Bros. got the General Lee's from three sources during the course of
the TV series. Most were called "second unit" cars that were basically
destroyed in filming. Then, there were a limited amount of "first unit"
cars that were kept in fairly decent condition and not severely abused ...
although they were run hard. My car came from a company called "General
Lee Enterprises" that was partially financed by Gary Bixley, the main stunt
driver for the TV show. Apparently, General Lee Enterprises built between 8
to 11 cars that were used by Warner Bros. for TV promos, personal
appearances by the cast and some close up shots in filming. Three of these
cars were built with black versus tan interiors because people photographed
better in them. Mine was the first of these three cars.

RCE

www.eisboch.com

RCE

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

You'll surely hear from one of the newsgroup idiots who thinks that TV
show is insulting to southerners or rednecks or actors who play them.

Many people in the world have become far too serious. We only have on shot
here ... we should enjoy it.

RCE

www.eisboch.com

RCE

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
RCE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/zwhuw

You'll surely hear from one of the newsgroup idiots who thinks that TV
show is insulting to southerners or rednecks or actors who play them.

Or inflammatory to Mopar owners!

It's still a '69 Charger R/T under all that orange paint.

RCE

www.eisboch.com