Boater Boater is offline

Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.
I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises, make
progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside for various
reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're not being
realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

To the best of my recollection, Obama never said anything that would lead
anyone to those conclusions. On the other hand, Bush said he would catch
those responsible for plotting 9-11. When is that going to happen? On
Obama's watch?

Obama never said the exact words leading to the woman's reaction. However,
he said things that led gullible people (like her and others) to draw that
conclusion, just like you seem to have drawn the conclusion that Bush said
he'd get bin Laden on his watch. He never said that. In fact, he was very
careful to say it may take a very long time, even ten years or more.

BTW, recent reports by military commanders and the CIA indicate that they
have been able to further zero in on bin Laden's hiding spot. I wouldn't
be surprised to hear some really good news someday soon.
According to the report, bin Laden has effectively been cut off from any
direct communications or contact with al Qaeda outside of the small group
who are trying to protect him. He spends 24 hours a day concentrating on
not being captured or killed. What a life, huh?

Eisboch

That may be so, but I see no reason to believe our "intel" sources.
Their track record...sucks.