Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

Tim wrote:
On Nov 15, 8:12 pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:

wrote:
Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned...
Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected to
Senate in Illiniois.
I saw that coming well before the election.

For more than a month before the general election, Obama stated in many
of his stump speeches that our economic situation in this country was so
dire, some of what he had proposed would have to be scaled back or delayed.

The current president has buried this country under a mountain of debt.
Did you miss that?

Re-read, Harry

" Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected
to Senate in Illiniois.
I saw that coming well before the election."

I witnessed his 'no-show' performance when he was senator of my state.
I saw his "non-performance" when he was senator of my state.

I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises, make
progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside for various
reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're not being realistic.

A number of the promises I hope Obama will fulfill will not be difficult
or budget-busting: close Gitmo, shut down the war against Iraq, outlaw
torture, re-establish complete diplomatic and commerical relations with
Cuba, re-establish habeas corpus, stop the spying on Americans,
nominating associate justices to the Supreme Court who consider Roe v.
Wade settled law, lift restrictions against stem cell research,
recognize the validity of science, et cetera.

Senior Member

On Nov 15, 10:06*pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Nov 15, 8:12 pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:

wrote:
[...]

recognize the validity of science, et cetera.- Hide quoted text -

Blah, blah.... blah... just another DNC fax....

Tim wrote:
On Nov 15, 8:12 pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Sorry, unlike you, I don't get my information from reich-wing radio.
Faux NEws or the DNC. It's my shopping list.

"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:

I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises, make
progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside for various
reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're not being realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 15, 9:06*pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Nov 15, 8:12 pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I'm sure he'll be able to deliver on...some. and MANY will fall by the
wayside for obvious reasons that he exaggerated his promises.

Kind of like the dog trying to figure out what to do after he caught
the car. the car.

But that's not uncommon. I'd say that 80% of politicians are liars
anyhow. The other 10% try to convice the public they were only joking.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

I'm sure he'll be able to deliver on...some. and MANY will fall by the
wayside for obvious reasons that he exaggerated his promises.

Kind of like the dog trying to figure out what to do after he caught
the car. the car.

But that's not uncommon. I'd say that 80% of politicians are liars
anyhow. The other 10% try to convice the public they were only joking.

New math?

Eisboch

The *missing* 10% is the labor content in Detroit cars. 8)

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises, make
progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside for various
reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're not being realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

To the best of my recollection, Obama never said anything that would
lead anyone to those conclusions. On the other hand, Bush said he would
catch those responsible for plotting 9-11. When is that going to happen?
On Obama's watch?
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

A lot of folks came to those conclusions because of Obama's promises of
a chicken in every pot and his promise to re distribute wealth and
provide free this and that to everyone. His speeches were carefully
crafted to suck in the barely literate and give them hope and promises
of a carefree prosperous, and happy future. What amazes me is that he
sucked in so many supposedly bright people like yourself as well. You
better hope and pray that congress starts taking a daily dose of smart
pills and begins to do the job we are paying them to do.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
[...]

Obama never said the exact words leading to the woman's reaction. However,
he said things that led gullible people (like her and others) to draw that
conclusion, just like you seem to have drawn the conclusion that Bush said
he'd get bin Laden on his watch. He never said that. In fact, he was very
careful to say it may take a very long time, even ten years or more.

BTW, recent reports by military commanders and the CIA indicate that they
have been able to further zero in on bin Laden's hiding spot. I wouldn't
be surprised to hear some really good news someday soon.
According to the report, bin Laden has effectively been cut off from any
direct communications or contact with al Qaeda outside of the small group
who are trying to protect him. He spends 24 hours a day concentrating on
not being captured or killed. What a life, huh?

Eisboch

OT ... but funny RCE General 24 June 17th 06 04:02 PM
LOL but not really so funny Steve Leyland ASA 4 May 23rd 06 07:53 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor ASA 0 March 31st 06 04:01 PM
Not Funny Lonny Bruce ASA 1 March 18th 05 11:42 PM