Senior Member

Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned... Seems that although two weeks ago and for the last two
years Obama knew that there were problems, but apparently didn't have
a clue as to how bad they actually were. Now all of a sudden the
"mess" left by the Past Administration (cough, democrat congress
preceeded by 6 years of do nothing, filibuster congress) is so bad
that many of the campaign promises he made are no good anymore.. Yes
Harry, Obama will not be giving me the health care you promised, any
time soon.. It just amazes me that it took him this long to figure out
that he was not going to be able to keep his word... half the country
already knew that, geeze.. Even I knew that...

But he does want to pay back the folks who got him elected with
another 25 billion.. Same old, same old....

wrote in message

[...]

I still believe that after his first top-secret Intel meeting (that probably
included topics other than simply defense related issues) that Obama
emerged with an entirely different understanding of the world.

If true, it's how he deals with it that counts.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Nov 15, 9:39*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Which leads me to another news note.. I have over and over been seeing
McCain supporters on TV.. This morning it was Boomer Esiason (sp?)
saying that although he voted for McCain, he had great respect and
hope for President elect Obama. And here is the key I keep hearing
from the right, "he will be my President, the President of the United
States". On the other hand I am still hearing democrat shills (Jon
Stewart) trashing the office and the current President. I am 50 years
young, and I have never seen a democratic party that is so militant
and intolerant starting with the top people in the party, to the man
on the street. I know Harry will justify this a thousand ways, oh, and
then call the right the side of hate...

I will not deny Bush screwed up a lot, every President does but like
his dad, Bill Clinton, and others, I firmly believe the went into the
office with great expectations and ideas, and the job hit them square
in the face like Eisboch said... but like those before him, and unlike
so many ideologues I see, Obama will be my President. He will have my
support..
Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message

[...]

Obama is suffering from "Deer in the headlights syndrome" just as I
predicted. The only thing is, my timing was off. I expected that we
wouldn't find out until after January 20.
God bless America.

On Nov 15, 9:50*am, Boater wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You know, or maybe you don't know, I talk to President Elect Obama
several times a day and just yesterday I advised him to forget the idea
of providing expanded health care benefits to the terminally stupid.
Sorry...- Hide quoted text -

Idiot.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned...

Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected to
Senate in Illiniois.

I saw that coming well before the election.

Tim wrote:

wrote:
Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned...

Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected to
Senate in Illiniois.

I saw that coming well before the election.

For more than a month before the general election, Obama stated in many
of his stump speeches that our economic situation in this country was so
dire, some of what he had proposed would have to be scaled back or delayed.

The current president has buried this country under a mountain of debt.
Did you miss that?

"Tim" wrote in message

Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned...

Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected to
Senate in Illiniois.

I saw that coming well before the election.

So did I. Obama is a slickster. Tell the people what they want to here,
apologise and make excuses later type. The dead give away was the body
language and pause after ever question that was asked. Obama, smart,
perhaps - polished, yes - slick, yes - earnest, no freaking way.

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 15, 8:12*pm, Boater wrote:
Tim wrote:

wrote:
Just listening to a pundit on the news. Susan Estridge (sp?) was
saying that many of the programs such as health care and education
that Obama was promising to fix, just two short weeks ago may have to
be binned...

Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected to
Senate in Illiniois.

I saw that coming well before the election.

For more than a month before the general election, Obama stated in many
of his stump speeches that our economic situation in this country was so
dire, some of what he had proposed would have to be scaled back or delayed.

The current president has buried this country under a mountain of debt.
Did you miss that?

Re-read, Harry

" Oh that's not surprising. he did the same thin when he was elected
to Senate in Illiniois.
I saw that coming well before the election."

I witnessed his 'no-show' performance when he was senator of my state.
I saw his "non-performance" when he was senator of my state.

I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

OT ... but funny RCE General 24 June 17th 06 04:02 PM
LOL but not really so funny Steve Leyland ASA 4 May 23rd 06 07:53 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor ASA 0 March 31st 06 04:01 PM
Not Funny Lonny Bruce ASA 1 March 18th 05 11:42 PM