Jim Jim is offline

Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even
think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my
state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises,
make progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside
for various reasons. If you think it should be otherwise,
you're not being realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

To the best of my recollection, Obama never said anything that
would lead anyone to those conclusions. On the other hand, Bush
said he would catch those responsible for plotting 9-11. When is
that going to happen? On Obama's watch?

A lot of folks came to those conclusions because of Obama's
promises of a chicken in every pot and his promise to re
distribute wealth and provide free this and that to everyone. His
speeches were carefully crafted to suck in the barely literate and
give them hope and promises of a carefree prosperous, and happy
future. What amazes me is that he sucked in so many supposedly
bright people like yourself as well. You better hope and pray that
congress starts taking a daily dose of smart pills and begins to
do the job we are paying them to do.

Right, Jim. I was going to vote for "Bomb, Bomb Iran" and the
simple-minded Alaskan Jesus Freak.

You may not have voted for the less of two evils.

What the hell is '"Jesus Freak". You make Archie Bunker sound like a
choir boy.

Actually, I am using the term ironically. Sarah Palin actually is not
a Jesus Freak. She is the antithesis of a Jesus Freak. But you
wouldn't understand it under any circumstances.

I simply asked you to define Jesus Freak. Apparently, you don't have
an answer.

D'oh.

Go change a sparkplug, "chief."

Another gotcha. You are getting too easy.