Boater Boater is offline

Default This is kind of funny, well, not really.

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I fairly well knew he had promised way more than he could even think
of accomplishing, because i've heard it all before... in my state.

Did you miss that?
evidently.

I'm sure President Obama will deliver on many of his promises,
make progress on many others, and some will fall by the wayside
for various reasons. If you think it should be otherwise, you're
not being realistic.

Problem is, here's what many people heard:

"I won't have to worry about gas prices, or paying my mortgage".

(woman to interviewer the night of his election victory)

Eisboch

To the best of my recollection, Obama never said anything that would
lead anyone to those conclusions. On the other hand, Bush said he
would catch those responsible for plotting 9-11. When is that going
to happen? On Obama's watch?

A lot of folks came to those conclusions because of Obama's promises
of a chicken in every pot and his promise to re distribute wealth and
provide free this and that to everyone. His speeches were carefully
crafted to suck in the barely literate and give them hope and
promises of a carefree prosperous, and happy future. What amazes me
is that he sucked in so many supposedly bright people like yourself
as well. You better hope and pray that congress starts taking a daily
dose of smart pills and begins to do the job we are paying them to do.

Right, Jim. I was going to vote for "Bomb, Bomb Iran" and the
simple-minded Alaskan Jesus Freak.

You may not have voted for the less of two evils.

What the hell is '"Jesus Freak". You make Archie Bunker sound like a
choir boy.

Actually, I am using the term ironically. Sarah Palin actually is not a
Jesus Freak. She is the antithesis of a Jesus Freak. But you wouldn't
understand it under any circumstances.