posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

In article
,
Firelock wrote:

On Nov 1, 4:28=A0pm, Douglas Berry
wrote:
On =A0Sat, 01 Nov 2008 09:49:37 -0500 Jangchub
carved the following into the hard stone of alt.atheism

Wait, Palin went to five colleges to get her degree in what, who
knows.

Jounalism. She wanted to be a sports reporter and ended up a weather
girl.

I think if you look again, you'll see she's "ended up" as Governor
of Alaska, candidate for VP, and possibly future President of
the United States.

--
Walt

I now look at the weather girls on local tv differently. My sweetie is
getting tired of my exclaming, "She could be president!" every time
there's a sweet young thang parading back and forth in front of a weather
screen pretending she's a meteorologist.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com

"Dave" wrote in message

So a part-timer who has written nothing of note in his field and is not on
the tenure track is "of the highest academic rank?" I don't think so.

Selective reading will get you every time.

In article ,
"KLC Lewis" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Seems pretty obvious from the language you quoted that what the U of C Law
School does is call their part time instructors "Professor" once the
instructor gets elected to public office. Why in the world would they do
that? Duh...

My Lincoln reference seems quite apposite.

Seems pretty obvious to me that their definition of "Professor" is entirely
in keeping with the dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professor

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have a
PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

"Lord Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have a
PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

In America, you only need to be a bandleader.
http://planetpooks.files.wordpress.c...musicman_l.jpg

On 2008-11-03 11:36:43 -0500, Lord Nigel Molesworth
said:

In article ,
"KLC Lewis" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Seems pretty obvious from the language you quoted that what the U of C
Law School does is call their part time instructors "Professor" once
the instructor gets elected to public office. Why in the world would
they do that? Duh...

My Lincoln reference seems quite apposite.

Seems pretty obvious to me that their definition of "Professor" is
entirely in keeping with the dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professor

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have
a PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

Not necessarily. PhD is of course desired by the colleges/universities
for bragging rights, but is by no means required.

"Professor" merely is another name for college teacher, and there is no
regulation of the term but the politics of the school. Teachers have
requirements mandated by the local or state governments.

And there's a sub-class of Professor: Adjunct professor. No
qualifications required other than a willingness to work for less than
minimum wage. Friend of mine never went to college, worked as an
electrician for most of his career. Towards the end, wrangled a
political appointment as a building inspector which he parlayed into a
"Professorship" at the local college.

That said, some of the better profs I've had over the years were
part-timers who made the bulk of their money out in the real world,
where they had to demonstrate competence.

--
Jere Lull

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Dave" wrote in message
Seems pretty obvious from the language you quoted that what the U of C
Law
School does is call their part time instructors "Professor" once the
instructor gets elected to public office. Why in the world would they do
that? Duh...

My Lincoln reference seems quite apposite.

Seems pretty obvious to me that their definition of "Professor" is
entirely in keeping with the dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professor

Seems pretty obvious to me that Dave has to work really hard as an apologist
for the right-wingnut community. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Lord Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have a
PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

In America, you only need to be a bandleader.
http://planetpooks.files.wordpress.c...musicman_l.jpg

Now that's funny!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:36:43 -0600, Lord Nigel Molesworth
said:

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have a
PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

That is, of course, the meaning generally understood in the U.S. as well.

But what can you expect from people who call a handout to people who pay
no
income taxes a "refundable income tax credit?" Astute readers of Orwell.

No it isn't, even though you received the quote from the UofC.

But, what can you expect from people who can't seem to get that the
fundamentals of the economy are *not* strong.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

said:

Hmm.. I didn't know that there are different criteria for that
appellation depending on where you are, viz UK it is necessary to have a
PhD and tenure to have the title 'Professor'.

That is, of course, the meaning generally understood in the U.S. as well.

But what can you expect from people who call a handout to people who pay no
income taxes a "refundable income tax credit?" Astute readers of Orwell.

I wonder what the NY Bar Association would think of one of their members
casting such slurs upon not only a fellow member of the Bar, but also a
well respected educational institution vested with the power to confer
law degrees?

Cheers
Martin

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:32:59 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

the right-wingnut community.

Thinking people don't do "communities," Jon. That's one of those words
beloved by the mush-for-brains crew.

So, you're now claiming that you don't live in a community? Where do you -
Mars?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com