Default Deals on bluewater boats yet?

In article , Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
Justin C wrote:

In article , Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
ray lunder wrote:

Looking for a used cruise equiped 30-40 foot sailboat for approx a us
buck per foot.

My wife has just told me she doesn't want to liveaboard and cruise the
Carib... so my 40' is for sale.. $35K, surveyed at $58K in '05. Pics on
the web page under my nick..

Nope, I must be dense, all I'm finding is St. Custards. Go on, give us a
clue.

Sorry Justin. I meant the ng members website.. although I'll put the
pics up somewhere today and post it here.. I'm in no rush (in fact I
won't mind if I keep it - love it to bits).. Oh, and it is 1980 and has
a '05 Yanmar 4cyl diesel and transmission..

There's a rec.boats.cruising web-site? Now I *am* confused.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

In article ,
Justin C wrote:

In article , Molesworth
wrote:
In article ,
Justin C wrote:

In article , Molesworth
wrote:
In article ,
ray lunder wrote:

Looking for a used cruise equiped 30-40 foot sailboat for approx a us
buck per foot.

My wife has just told me she doesn't want to liveaboard and cruise the
Carib... so my 40' is for sale.. $35K, surveyed at $58K in '05. Pics on
the web page under my nick..

Nope, I must be dense, all I'm finding is St. Custards. Go on, give us a
clue.

Sorry Justin. I meant the ng members website.. although I'll put the
pics up somewhere today and post it here.. I'm in no rush (in fact I
won't mind if I keep it - love it to bits).. Oh, and it is 1980 and has
a '05 Yanmar 4cyl diesel and transmission..

There's a rec.boats.cruising web-site? Now I *am* confused.

Justin.

(sigh).. OK, just for you.. I've created this extravaganza:

www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

Public. so you'll see the craft in all its glory!

--
Molesworth

http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

In article ,
Molesworth wrote:

www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

--
Molesworth

http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
Molesworth wrote:

www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

How's this for a real deal. Of course it is French!
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...g_id=1012&url=

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:52:33 -0800, Gordon wrote:

How's this for a real deal. Of course it is French!
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...g_id=1012&url=

Nice looking boat priced to sell but a bit drafty at 7.5 ft for
serious cruising in many places.

In article ,
Gordon wrote:

Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
Molesworth wrote:

www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

How's this for a real deal. Of course it is French!
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...lim=broker&boa
t_id=1754260&checked_boats=1754260&hosturl=sas&&yw o=sas&&ybw=&units=Feet&acces
s=Public&listing_id=1012&url=

Yep! $110,000 - Nope

ray lunder wrote:
Looking for a used cruise equiped 30-40 foot sailboat for approx a us
buck per foot. Any ideas? Techniques? I've tried 38/48 north and
craigslist so far.

Try Ebay

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/_Sailboats__sailboats

Most of the "asking prices" and/or reserves are on the high side (by a
lot), but check closed sales on boats similar to what you like.

I think you can find a wide variety of good deals but it always takes
dilignce to seperate a really good deal from a cheap boat that ends up
being a bad deal.

.... To cruise equip a boat at present "boatyard" or "west marine"
cost is prohibitive.

In that case, you should examine the strong possibility that your eyes
are bigger than your wallet. If you can't afford to outfit a boat the
way you want it, what makes you think you'll be able to afford to
maintain it? Either set your sights on a smaller boat or a simpler fit-
out.

And as always, time equals money. The more time & effort you put into
hunting for bargains among good equipment, and rebuilding & installing
it yourself, the less cash you have to lay out. And of course, the
less time you have for sailing.

.... You'd think with all these bank problems people
would be forced to sell luxury items.

The only people "forced" to sell are the ones who can't afford the
payments, and they probably didn't buy the kind of serious cruising
boat you're looking for. OTOH it may be rewarding to look around among
bank seizures, although banks are notorious for setting unrealistic
asking prices for houses, cars, boats, etc etc that are upside-down
with regard to market value versus outstanding loan balance.

.... Please don't let this degrade
into a political thread, I just want to buy a boat. What's a person
with ready cash to do?

Look harder & in more places.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
Gordon wrote:

Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
Molesworth wrote:

www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/
or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukmole/

How's this for a real deal. Of course it is French!
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...lim=broker&boa
t_id=1754260&checked_boats=1754260&hosturl=sas&&yw o=sas&&ybw=&units=Feet&acces
s=Public&listing_id=1012&url=

Yep! $110,000 - Nope

I can understand if this is above your budget, as it is mine, but,
this is one hell of a boat!
Gordon

BTW check ebay, some good buys right now!

Shopping Deals e40xyasm Touring 0 December 25th 07 04:55 PM
Sail Deals Gilligan ASA 3 October 17th 06 07:16 PM
FS: Amazing boat deals and project boats in City Island, NY Capt. Rob Marketplace 0 February 28th 06 02:51 PM
Amazing Deals.... Bobsprit ASA 0 October 20th 03 12:57 PM
Good deals in Oz! Scott Vernon ASA 1 June 24th 03 02:04 PM