Scott Vernon

Default Good deals in Oz!

are they made in Oz? NZ?

"Michael" wrote in message
I went to the airport this morning to pick up an airfreight parcel I had
shipped from Oz. It's a Bombard Typhoon Dinghy. Now up here in the US

the
best price I found for this years model was about $1600 plus tax. This

one
was a boat show model the 335 with hard floor and priced down at AUD

$1300
. Then it cost about $250 Aussie to ship to the US the slow way. I

thought
it would take forever so had friends primed to pick it up eventually.

Then
we found out they had air shipped it anyway. So, went to customs and got

real nice welcome home present. Zero import duty! Toal spent in US
dollars. A bit over $1000 US. Now to make it even sweeter Oz has a deal
where if you spend more thas $400 in a store on a single day the refund

the
sales tax when you leave. It's like getting bump tickets, hotels and

First
Class upgrades and five seats to sleep on the way across the Pacific.
Sometimes you just gotta do it!

So the new boat has a new dinghy. Now to pick an outboard. But that will
be another story after another voyage.

Cheers, fair winds, and back to work I go! It was fun to join in again for

few days.

Michael

Capt. Mooron

"Michael" wrote in message

| Cheers, fair winds, and back to work I go! It was fun to join in again for
| few days.

Rake in the Cash Michael!! Don't work too hard!

CM