Default Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the fire
in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with a
few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.

:
: A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
: dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the
fire
: in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with
: few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.
:

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat at a dock with a hurricane
heading right for you with about a week's notice. I don't feel the least
bit sorry for boats that burn up. I'm sure most of the people who left
boats there did so saying something like, "Oh well, that's what I pay
insurance for." Good luck them trying to recoup full value from insurance
companies.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

Larry wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

He doesn't! He hides and sleeps under a rock during the day and only
crawls out at night like other creepy crawlies!
Gordon

Cowabunga!

Now THAT'S a storm

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...m=hp_main_maps

In Gordon writes:

Larry wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

By the way, many insurance companies have an escape clause in their
policies, if it is earthquake or some other natural disaster they are of
the hook. I suspect that they cann count this as one.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

"Gordon" wrote

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

He doesn't! He hides and sleeps under a rock during the day and only
crawls out at night like other creepy crawlies!
Gordon

No, I'm sure he sleeps quite well. The aide brings him his glass of juice
and the pills in a little paper cup on the tray and then watches to be sure
he swallows them. After he gets into bed the aide turns the lights down
low. The doors to the ward are locked, there is the soft hum of the
ventilation, and he drifts off into peaceful dreaming about the wide sunlit
expanse of sea that he never knew.

--
Roger Long

Isang tao pinangalanan, Larry nagsulat:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat
Wilbur Hubbard

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

At sunset, the claws on his lover extremities grabs a firm hold on the
nearest branch.... Then He just hang there, upside-down, till the sun
rises again.

--
Dette er en signatur.

Læs den ikke.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:14:34 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
: http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes
:
: A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
: dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the
fire
: in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with
: few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.
:

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat at a dock with a hurricane
heading right for you with about a week's notice.

Those people are supposed to do what? Take the boat to sea and head
for Panama?

I don't feel the least
bit sorry for boats that burn up. I'm sure most of the people who left
boats there did so saying something like, "Oh well, that's what I pay
insurance for." Good luck them trying to recoup full value from insurance
companies.

What excuse will the insurer use, and what makes you think they can
get away with it? The biggest risk is probably bankrupcy on the part
of the insurance company.

Casady