BoatBanter.com

-   -   Galveston Yacht Basin on fire.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/97983-galveston-yacht-basin-fire.html)

Larry September 12th 08 11:28 PM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the fire
in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with a
few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.

Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] September 13th 08 12:14 AM

:
: A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
: dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the
fire
: in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with
: few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.
:

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat at a dock with a hurricane
heading right for you with about a week's notice. I don't feel the least
bit sorry for boats that burn up. I'm sure most of the people who left
boats there did so saying something like, "Oh well, that's what I pay
insurance for." Good luck them trying to recoup full value from insurance
companies.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard

Larry September 13th 08 12:30 AM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

Gordon September 13th 08 01:52 AM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

Larry wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

He doesn't! He hides and sleeps under a rock during the day and only
crawls out at night like other creepy crawlies!
Gordon

cavelamb himself[_4_] September 13th 08 02:41 AM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

Cowabunga!

Now THAT'S a storm

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...m=hp_main_maps

Lauri Tarkkonen September 13th 08 03:50 AM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

In Gordon writes:

Larry wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

By the way, many insurance companies have an escape clause in their
policies, if it is earthquake or some other natural disaster they are of
the hook. I suspect that they cann count this as one.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

Roger Long September 13th 08 01:23 PM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

"Gordon" wrote

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

He doesn't! He hides and sleeps under a rock during the day and only
crawls out at night like other creepy crawlies!
Gordon

No, I'm sure he sleeps quite well. The aide brings him his glass of juice
and the pills in a little paper cup on the tray and then watches to be sure
he swallows them. After he gets into bed the aide turns the lights down
low. The doors to the ward are locked, there is the soft hum of the
ventilation, and he drifts off into peaceful dreaming about the wide sunlit
expanse of sea that he never knew.

--
Roger Long

Claus Frørup September 13th 08 03:45 PM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

Isang tao pinangalanan, Larry nagsulat:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat
Wilbur Hubbard

How does an asshole like you sleep at night?

At sunset, the claws on his lover extremities grabs a firm hold on the
nearest branch.... Then He just hang there, upside-down, till the sun
rises again.

--
Dette er en signatur.

Læs den ikke.

Richard Casady September 13th 08 04:09 PM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:14:34 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
: http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes
:
: A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
: dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the
fire
: in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with
: few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.
:

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat at a dock with a hurricane
heading right for you with about a week's notice.

Those people are supposed to do what? Take the boat to sea and head
for Panama?

I don't feel the least
bit sorry for boats that burn up. I'm sure most of the people who left
boats there did so saying something like, "Oh well, that's what I pay
insurance for." Good luck them trying to recoup full value from insurance
companies.

What excuse will the insurer use, and what makes you think they can
get away with it? The biggest risk is probably bankrupcy on the part
of the insurance company.

Casady

Larry September 13th 08 05:55 PM

Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

What excuse will the insurer use, and what makes you think they can
get away with it? The biggest risk is probably bankrupcy on the part
of the insurance company.

Casady

I doubt they'll get away with it in TEXAS.....(c;