Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Galveston Yacht Basin on fire....

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:14:34 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
: http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes
:
: A transformer exploded at Galveston Yacht Basin and caught the covered
: dockage on fire. It has collapsed and the fire dept can't get to the
fire
: in the 50+ knot winds, gusting over 75. The fire goes on expanding with
: few fuel explosions fanned by the high winds.
:

You'd have to be an idiot to leave your boat at a dock with a hurricane
heading right for you with about a week's notice.

Those people are supposed to do what? Take the boat to sea and head
for Panama?

I don't feel the least
bit sorry for boats that burn up. I'm sure most of the people who left
boats there did so saying something like, "Oh well, that's what I pay
insurance for." Good luck them trying to recoup full value from insurance
companies.

What excuse will the insurer use, and what makes you think they can
get away with it? The biggest risk is probably bankrupcy on the part
of the insurance company.

Casady