Default Proposed Discharge Permits

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:32:09 -0700, "claus" said:

New EPA water permit regulations are on the horizon. Some boaters fear
this could cause them to sink or simply take their boats out of the
water
altogether.

BoatUS is playing it for all the PR it's worth, but anyone with modest
ability to read and think should realize that what the EPA has done by
providing "automatic" and free licenses is to abolish any requirement for
license for vessels under 79 feet.

Not necessarily so. One can just as well read it as these "automatic and
free licenses" still carry certain obligations. The question is can one
REJECT these licenses and remain unencumbered?

Or better yet does the license have standing if it is automatic and free?

Wilbur Hubbard

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Dear Santa Clause:

I read the link about the new EPA "MARPOL" regs....
Im already compliant. Its just good seamnaship. So what is the big
deal?

Can we still **** over the side of the floating docks if that lady that
always screams and reports us to the office isn't looking and we're not
****ing on someone's overpriced gelcoat? How about in our dingies hanging
it out to LEEWARD THIS TIME, PLEASE? When you gotta go you GOTTA GO...EPA
or no EPA!

I think she was trying to look at my willie and figured, rightly, I'd turn
around towards the screaming when I heard it.....I did, nearly peeing on
Lloyd who was also peeing to lee!

Why do men pee off a dock?

BECAUSE WE CAN!

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

If your state drops the ball on sending the necessary letter of
tribute and submission to Washington, all recreational vessels with
that state

The last time the damned Yankees pulled this kind of crap, the Citadel
Cadets in Ft Moultrie caused a helluva ruckus by firing the cannons on Ft
Sumter, where the Yankee Army was holed up at the entrance to the harbor.

We all know what happened then!

Someone needs to remind Washington Bureaucrats the Citadel Cadets can STILL
aim a big pounder pretty accurately and know how to use it!

"Thomas Flores" wrote in
:

It could be turned into a jobs program. Think of all those good paying
jobs for enforcement personnel and how good it would be for the
economy.

Do we have enough foreign government employees to cover all the boatramps??

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:32:09 -0700, "claus" said:

New EPA water permit regulations are on the horizon. Some boaters fear
this could cause them to sink or simply take their boats out of the
water
altogether.

BoatUS is playing it for all the PR it's worth, but anyone with modest
ability to read and think should realize that what the EPA has done by
providing "automatic" and free licenses is to abolish any requirement for
license for vessels under 79 feet.

It's an interesting situation, and unfortunately it reminds me of what the
Chinese gov't does. It has lots of laws on the books that it doesn't
generally enforce, but they're there, and when they like, they can enforce
them.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote

It's an interesting situation, and unfortunately it reminds me of what the
Chinese gov't does. It has lots of laws on the books that it doesn't
generally enforce, but they're there, and when they like, they can enforce
them.

You've hit the nail on the head. That is exactly where we are headed. A
police state is one where anyone in a uniform can pull you in on a whim any
time they feel like it. That can't be done here because we have this thing
called a constitution. However, if you can get the public to accept all
sorts of laws on the "Oh, they'll never bother enforcing that." basis, then
the police can invoke them any time.

Boaters are gradually making some progress in the anchoring battle that has
been going on in Florida for years. What do you think the towns and police
will do when they figure out that they have these EPA permit regulations to
work with?

0400 There is the clomping of heavy boots on your deck. "It's been
reported that a water discharge was seen coming from your boat. We're here
to inspect your dish detergent and piping system. Ah, we see that you are
using Joy instead of the best available non-phosphate brand. You've been
anchored here two weeks. Your fine will be $384,000. Your EPA permit is now
revoked and we are towing your boat to the nearest shipyard to be removed
from the water."

Nobody is going to enforce this stuff because they give a **** about water
quality. It will be used like a lot of laws to pursue other agendas. It
won't happen often and it won't be a significant risk to any individual
boater, probably less than the hazards we routinely accept. But, doesn't it
disturb people here to see this nation which is creating so much death and
suffering in the name of "freedom" going down this path? This EPA stuff is
just one example.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote

[...]

Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear. Can I see your free speech
permit?

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote

[...]

I think we're a ways off from this, but it's a slippery slope. People tend
to think, for example, that scum like terrorists should be hanged
immediately or held indefinitely without a trial (e.g., gitmo), but this is
the precipice of a very slippery slope that may start with good intentions
and ends with jackboots.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

In article lutions,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:32:09 -0700, "claus" said:

New EPA water permit regulations are on the horizon. Some boaters fear
this could cause them to sink or simply take their boats out of the
water
altogether.

BoatUS is playing it for all the PR it's worth, but anyone with modest
ability to read and think should realize that what the EPA has done by
providing "automatic" and free licenses is to abolish any requirement for
license for vessels under 79 feet.

It's an interesting situation, and unfortunately it reminds me of what the
Chinese gov't does. It has lots of laws on the books that it doesn't
generally enforce, but they're there, and when they like, they can enforce
them.

'Not knowing the laws is no excuse for violating them'

LOL

--
Molesworth

"Molesworth" wrote in message

said:

[...]

Almost funny, but not quite...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ahoy Scotty- road permits Scout ASA 4 August 23rd 06 10:13 AM
EU cruising permits? Vince LoRusso Cruising 8 April 20th 04 06:10 PM
New Permits will allow Longlining in Protected Areas Capt. Dave General 0 January 23rd 04 01:35 AM
Discharge Donal ASA 32 January 14th 04 06:57 PM
NY State Parks Kayak Permits two_k2003 Touring 6 July 18th 03 04:02 AM