jay

Default To Canada without a valid (current) passport?

I would certainly have a photo ID, and a copy of your birth certificate...

-j

"Steve" wrote in message
Starting to look at things that need to be done before cruising up The
Inside Passage to Alaska this summer.

I just checked my passport and find that it expires next month.. As I
understand it, I don't have to have a valid passport to go into Canada,

etc.
However, with the current border security, would it be worth the $150 to
have my passport renewed??

Also, how long does it now take to renew a current passport??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:13:11 -0600, Maynard G. Krebbs
wrote:

If you want to go Ibex hunting try New Mexico. Some rich guy fenced a
huge area decades ago and imported animals from all over the world.
He forgot to check into how high these animals could jump however and
most got past the fence and have been running wild in Central New
Mexico for decades now.
Liscenses are available but I'm not sure about cost. (it's been a
while.)
Mark E. Williams

Thanks, Maynard...er, ah, Mark. (Wonder how many viewers even know
who Maynard Krebbs was?...(c

I doubt New Mexico would let me use the M-16, though.....hee hee.

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Messing In Boats

As you know, we just did the trip last year and were not required to
furnish a passport, although we had them. We crossed the border in the
vehicle before Tsawassen where they didn't care if we had them and
checked into US Customs at Ketchican. (the big ugly pink building just
north of the docks south of the cruise ships) You call into Customs at
Prince Rupert when coming back, but they didn't want to see us or our
boat. All very simple. Everybody was nice.

Capt. Jeff

Messing In Boats

As you know, we just did the trip last year and were not required to
furnish a passport, although we had them. We crossed the border in the
vehicle before Tsawassen where they didn't care if we had them and
checked into US Customs at Ketchican. (the big ugly pink building just
north of the docks south of the cruise ships) You call into Customs at
Prince Rupert when coming back, but they didn't want to see us or our
boat. All very simple. Everybody was nice.

Capt. Jeff

FS: some cheap boats in Ontario, Canada news General 0 July 11th 04 05:41 PM
FS: some cheap boats in Ontario, Canada news General 0 July 5th 04 02:03 PM
Battery Meter Ernie General 79 May 25th 04 12:36 AM
Canada has WMD's, Bush: Attack Soon! Norbert Poser General 7 February 5th 04 07:34 AM
How to get a US documented boat registered in Canada or BC ? Jason Cruising 6 January 26th 04 04:52 PM