Messing In Boats

Default To Canada without a valid (current) passport?

As you know, we just did the trip last year and were not required to
furnish a passport, although we had them. We crossed the border in the
vehicle before Tsawassen where they didn't care if we had them and
checked into US Customs at Ketchican. (the big ugly pink building just
north of the docks south of the cruise ships) You call into Customs at
Prince Rupert when coming back, but they didn't want to see us or our
boat. All very simple. Everybody was nice.

Capt. Jeff