No Name

Default Sea Anchors and Drogues

I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and Drogues.
Should an ocean going sailboat carry a Sea anchor or a Drogue or both?
When should I use a Sea Anchor or a Drogue.
From what I see at the stores a Drogue is cheaper to buy than a Sea Anchor.

wrote:
I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and Drogues.
Should an ocean going sailboat carry a Sea anchor or a Drogue or both?
When should I use a Sea Anchor or a Drogue.
From what I see at the stores a Drogue is cheaper to buy than a Sea Anchor.

I just finished reading "Heavy Weather Tactics using sea anchors and
drogues" by Earl Hinz.
He leans heavily toward Para-tech sea anchors and doesn't say much
about drogues.
A good internet source for drogues is
http://www.seriesdrogue.com/
and they basically disdain sea anchors.

Basically, imho, it boils down to the fact that either used properly,
will do the job.

A sea anchor anchors you in place by the bow, a series drogue anchors
you in place by the stern, a non series drogue slows you down while
running away.

Gordon
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 1:26*pm, wrote:
I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and Drogues..
Should an ocean going sailboat carry a Sea anchor or a Drogue or both?
When should I use a Sea Anchor or a Drogue.
From what I see at the stores a Drogue is cheaper to buy than a Sea Anchor..

Lets see,
Either youre stupid............ board.............. lazy.......... or
a troll.

SO which is it?

This dead horse was whipped enough. Do a SEARCH THIS GROUP. Read ur
eyes raw. Get the books then lets talk.
Bob
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 2:35*pm, Gordon wrote:
wrote:

* *I just finished reading "Heavy Weather Tactics using sea anchors and
drogues" by Earl Hinz.
* *He leans heavily toward Para-tech sea anchors and doesn't say much
about drogues.

I disagree. That is not what I gleaned from Hinz work.

* Basically, imho, it boils down to the fact that either used properly,
will do the job.

Hummm, and you base that on how much experince?????
Here I disagree strenously!

BOb
No Name

"Bob" wrote in message
On Jan 2, 1:26 pm, wrote:
I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and
Drogues.
Should an ocean going sailboat carry a Sea anchor or a Drogue or both?
When should I use a Sea Anchor or a Drogue.
From what I see at the stores a Drogue is cheaper to buy than a Sea
Anchor.

Lets see,
Either youre stupid............ board.............. lazy.......... or
a troll.

SO which is it?

This dead horse was whipped enough. Do a SEARCH THIS GROUP. Read ur
eyes raw. Get the books then lets talk.
Bob

I consider your reply as Internet bullying.

Any information coming from an Internet bully is considered not reliable.

In article , Bob wrote:

Either youre stupid............ board

If you wish to communicate effectively ensure an understanding of the
language sufficient that you are able to coherently express your ideas.
Failure to do so may impede others understanding of your meaning.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

wrote:

I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and
Drogues.

Since you are obviously bored or have cabin fever, think of these
devices as like chicken soup.

No medicinal value, but hadn't oughta hurt either.

Lew

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 4:41*pm, wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Lets see,
Either youre stupid............ board.............. lazy.......... or
a troll.

I consider your reply as Internet bullying.

Any information coming from an Internet bully is considered not reliable.

I dont give a ****.............

so what kept you from looking at all the past post regarding this
topic? Too lazy or too stupid??

Hey...... is this you Wilbur???? I like this new girly approach. I
dont think Ive ever been called a bully?
ALthough this place is a Bully Pulpit at times (TR)

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 5:32*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
I would like to open up a discussion on the use of Sea Anchors and
Drogues.

Since you are obviously bored or have cabin fever, think of these
devices as like chicken soup.

No medicinal value, but hadn't oughta hurt either.

Lew

I have to disagree with the medicinal value analogy. both series and
single drogues are extreamly usefull.... uh, life saving.
Bob
Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 5:32*pm, Justin C wrote:
In article , Bob wrote:
Either youre stupid............ board

If you wish to communicate effectively ensure an understanding of the
language sufficient that you are able to coherently express your ideas.
Failure to do so may impede others understanding of your meaning.

* * * * Justin.

Justin C, by the sea.

So whats so dificult to understand: ".... stupid... lazy....
troll...?"
Dont seem to complicated to me.
your vagina on the way out. (as heard on "Knocked Up")

Bob

parachutes & drogues just me Cruising 26 December 19th 05 04:31 PM
parachutes and drogues just me ASA 15 December 17th 05 07:11 AM
More Anchors! Martin Baxter ASA 11 June 18th 04 03:00 PM
series drogues - further development for use by small boats/yachts Bryan Glover Cruising 1 May 13th 04 06:51 PM