Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Martin Baxter

Default More Anchors!

Oh no, Bob's gonna be jealous; after reading about Bob's near purchase of a chrome
anchor I said to myself, "I must get one of them, something Bob doesn't have!"

Well I found this most beautiful chrome 7.5Kg Bruce and immediately purchased it.

Can you imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it isn't in fact chrome at all,
but rather highly polished stainless steel! Rats!

On a more serious note, I am beginning to detest the ubiquitous Danforth. These anchors
may be great in sand and mud, but they are an abomination if the mud is sprouting much
in the way of weeds, or if the mud is sticky clay. You may get the anchor to set when
you first lower it, but if you swing and it upsets the chances of it resetting is somewhere
between slim and none. The flukes become fouled with either mud and or weeds and the thing just
skates across the bottom.

Cheers
Marty

land anchor vs fluke anchor for anchors set directly on beach Laura Cruising 5 June 3rd 04 01:20 PM
Techniques for retrieving stuck anchors Diver1055 General 10 October 25th 03 01:46 PM
mooring anchors Parallax General 5 October 14th 03 05:05 PM
Sascot Anchors Tim General 0 September 29th 03 08:53 PM