Bryan Glover

Default series drogues - further development for use by small boats/yachts

Series Drogue Australia has for the last 6 months been funding
research and development of series drogues for small boats, in the
U.K., Canada, Hawaii and Australia. The research is being carried out
by a group of qualified scientists that believe,
1) that the series drogue can be used by boats to cross bars, as Voss
did on his round the world trip, 1901.

2) That the series drogue can be used by small boats/yachts (trailer
sailers) in storm conditions and to cross bars.

The Donald Jordan, U.S. Coast Guard report, only applies to vessels
over 4000Kg and 100 cones attached to the line. It is accepted that
this report is the bible for series drogues, but, we believe research
out side their guidelines is not heresy.
If you have made a small series drogue for your vessel under 4000kg,
we would be very interested in hearing from you by email
. We will publish the results of our research at
www.seriesdrogue.com

I use one with 10 cones attached on a small line, 10 meters long, to
stop my row boat broaching in shore line breakers when landing on
beaches from asgard my yacht.

regards
Bryan
fragged

a more usefull drogue is a short aluminium ladder as it has 2 uses and as a
drogue has variable drag by changing its orientation in the water ( I was
going to say attitude buy didnt want the flames )

om...