posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

Default Inverter system charging ???

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:50:03 -0600, williamboyd
wrote:

Brian, I was stationed at Altus AFB back in the 50s and 60s. Helped Hoyt
Shaded mayor build a mobile home park out close to the base. Spent about
eight years there.

There is a little park on one side of the city lake (formerly a city
water reservoir) named for Hoyt. Unusual name. Kids can pull 12 inch
fish out of that lake, if they can get past the geese and ducks -
though the recent bird flu issue has led the city to start scaring off
the birds there. There are surprizingly few military folks on base -
mostly aircrew students, served by a largely civilian staff.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

During my short stay at Altus, they built the Atlas silos and closed
them down. I was Pad Chief for the Cache site. At that time I lived in
Hobart, drove all the way to the base changed my car for an AF vehicle
and drove all the way to the site. It was still dark when I left home in
the morning at Hobart and dark again in the evening when I returned
home. Seven days a week many times, little time off. Certainly was glad
when they let us convoy that missile to San Bernardino.
We used to go up to Lake Altus and water ski and fish, while they were
building the sites and after they shut them down.

--
BILL P.
&
posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing
Ed Ed is offline

Hmmm... sounds a lot like Ethanol from corn..... except on a good day,
you may actually get 10% net energy output from the ethanol... probably
-25 from the battery system

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
dh@. wrote in message ...

Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

Yes you will find the plans for that in your local public library in the
perpetual motion machine section.

posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:37:23 -0600, williamboyd
wrote:

During my short stay at Altus, they built the Atlas silos and closed
them down. I was Pad Chief for the Cache site. At that time I lived in
Hobart, drove all the way to the base changed my car for an AF vehicle
and drove all the way to the site. It was still dark when I left home in
the morning at Hobart and dark again in the evening when I returned
home. Seven days a week many times, little time off. Certainly was glad
when they let us convoy that missile to San Bernardino.
We used to go up to Lake Altus and water ski and fish, while they were
building the sites and after they shut them down.

The base commander or maybe missile squadron commander
from that era Dick Maffrey, retired here, and died 2 or 3 years ago.
Entrepreneurial. He set up a motel, a feeder air line, a bus transport
outfit, he built his house down the road from mine with his own hands
along with his wife and kids, and very nice it is. His wife is still
live and kicking.
I took a look at the silo north of the lake. It was half filled with
water - the silo lid was welded shut etc. Kinda spooky. I think
the Cache site that you mentioned, is on the road to Frederick,
south of the Altus-Lawton main drag. Is that the one?
The mueum here has a control console for one of the silos.

Brian W

wrote:

[...]

Colonel T. Robert Hall Jr. was the Commander of the 577th SMS when I was
there, and I was there for the full existence of the unit. Maffrey might
have been Base CO I do not remember, I remember Col Kise was wing co for
a while.
Cache site was close to the Lawton, we had another site at Frederick.
http://www.577sms.com/

But we did have some folks that made good.
http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=7184
http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=4615
There were several more.

--
BILL P.
&
posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

snip

You keep a woman's mouth in your basement?????

Hail the discovered of the only true perpetual motion machine. Welcome.

Like Hell... They are expensive things to run. The harware alone includes
Diamonds, Rubies, Prada etc. The software requires constant updating and
reassurance. And If you try to upgrade to a newer model and run two at once
the first one will refuse to network with the newer model.

DP

"D Parker" . wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

snip

You keep a woman's mouth in your basement?????

Hail the discovered of the only true perpetual motion machine. Welcome.

Like Hell... They are expensive things to run. The harware alone includes
Diamonds, Rubies, Prada etc. The software requires constant updating and
reassurance. And If you try to upgrade to a newer model and run two at
once the first one will refuse to network with the newer model.

DP

The unit needs constant maintenance, but the mouth is perpectual. Could be
good, could be bad.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com