posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

Default Inverter system charging ???

dh@. wrote:
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

Very well. Consumer's energy will by your excess power. How do you think
all of us RVers got retired so young?

Lon

Lon VanOstran wrote:
dh@. wrote:
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

Very well. Consumer's energy will by your excess power. How do you think
all of us RVers got retired so young?

Lon

Couldn't you just sell the energy back to the power company?

dh@. wrote in message
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

Try it and see. AND make sure you have a spare battery fully charged.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:08:45 -0500, dh@. wrote:

Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

It doesn't.

Perpetual motion.

In short - bull feathers as my maternal Grandfather used to say in
polite company.

dh@. wrote:
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

In the old days they did it all the time, course you had to have a
steady breeze turning the windmill.

--
BILL P.
&

On Nov 21, 2:08 pm, dh@. wrote:
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

it will discharge faster than it is charging

wrote in message
On Nov 21, 2:08 pm, dh@. wrote:
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

it will discharge faster than it is charging

Now there's an honest answer!

Eisboch

dh@. wrote in :

Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

It recharges the batteries much faster than the inverter uses the power up.
If you leave it running, you can even run an electric trolling motor from
the surplus power and eliminate the diesel or gas engine that gives so much
trouble.

This works even better if you have a small thermonuclear charger like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiois...tric_generator
Pay no attention to what it says about radiation. Russians have been
running their navaids off them for years!

Larry
--
Xterm IS the ultimate video game...(c;

dh@. wrote in message ...
Someone told me it's possible to charge an inverter
system's batteries using a battery charger plugged
into the inverter that's being run by the batteries
you want to charge. Is there any truth to that, and
if so, how does it work?

Yes you will find the plans for that in your local public library in the
perpetual motion machine section.

posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing
Ed Ed is offline

Hmmm... sounds a lot like Ethanol from corn..... except on a good day,
you may actually get 10% net energy output from the ethanol... probably
-25 from the battery system