posted to alt.rv,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing
williamboyd williamboyd is offline

Default Inverter system charging ???

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:50:03 -0600, williamboyd
wrote:

Brian, I was stationed at Altus AFB back in the 50s and 60s. Helped Hoyt
Shaded mayor build a mobile home park out close to the base. Spent about
eight years there.

There is a little park on one side of the city lake (formerly a city
water reservoir) named for Hoyt. Unusual name. Kids can pull 12 inch
fish out of that lake, if they can get past the geese and ducks -
though the recent bird flu issue has led the city to start scaring off
the birds there. There are surprizingly few military folks on base -
mostly aircrew students, served by a largely civilian staff.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

During my short stay at Altus, they built the Atlas silos and closed
them down. I was Pad Chief for the Cache site. At that time I lived in
Hobart, drove all the way to the base changed my car for an AF vehicle
and drove all the way to the site. It was still dark when I left home in
the morning at Hobart and dark again in the evening when I returned
home. Seven days a week many times, little time off. Certainly was glad
when they let us convoy that missile to San Bernardino.
We used to go up to Lake Altus and water ski and fish, while they were
building the sites and after they shut them down.

--
BILL P.
&