posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction Blocks Traffic

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:08:26 -0500, HK wrote:

Stop splitting hairs, Reggie. At really low speeds, my boat leaves a
practically flat wake that isn't going to cause any small boats nearby
any grief.

And how often do you run at really low speed?

We thought you were on the fast track, getting out to those fish as
quickly as possible. Virtually everyone I know with a boat that will
run at planing speeds can't wait to get up and moving because the ride
is so miserable at slow speed.
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 02:10:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Please be careful with your attributes. I didn't say that.

Eisboch

I knew that. :-)
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:47:55 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

How often have you been boating on the Bay with very little wind, yet
the bay is very choppy from everyone's wake.

It happens all the time, just about everywhere there is boating
activity. Wakes rebound off seawalls and the shore, and keep bouncing
around for a long time.
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:08:26 -0500, HK wrote:

Stop splitting hairs, Reggie. At really low speeds, my boat leaves a
practically flat wake that isn't going to cause any small boats nearby
any grief.

And how often do you run at really low speed?

We thought you were on the fast track, getting out to those fish as
quickly as possible. Virtually everyone I know with a boat that will
run at planing speeds can't wait to get up and moving because the ride
is so miserable at slow speed.

Obviously your circle is filled with jerks.

We spend some time exploring the smaller rivers and creeks around here,
and when we do, slow speeds are the way to go. My Parker rides just fine
at slow speeds, and at those speeds, you can barely hear the engine and
there is no exhaust smell. It's great being out in all that air, just a
few feet above the water. You see things you simply cannot see if you're
on an RV barge.

Of course, you wouldn't be able to take that oversized, diesel-smelling
barge into some of the waters we frequent...
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:07:11 -0500, HK wrote:

But "choppy" is a lot different than the huge waves some
semi-conscious a**holes create with their boat wakes near small boats.

They are probably not semiconscious at all, just faced with a flotilla
of small boats spread out in front of them while they are running
where they belong. On open water small boats should have no
expectation of wake avoidance. If you go out there, accept the risks
without whinning.

wrote:

How often have you been boating on the Bay with very little wind, yet
the bay is very choppy from everyone's wake.

It happens all the time, just about everywhere there is boating
activity. Wakes rebound off seawalls and the shore, and keep bouncing
around for a long time.

I know, my question was really rhetorical.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

" JimH" ask wrote in message

"Wayne.B" wrote in

message
On open water small boats should have no
expectation of wake avoidance. If you go out there,

accept the risks
without whinning.

Huh? Is that how you operate?

Thank God his type is only a small percentage of real
boaters.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:06:48 -0500, HK wrote:

This little thread has been very revealing about Wayne.

And you too Harry. Who would have thought you were such a wake wussy
whiner?