posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction Blocks Traffic

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:39:18 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
On open water small boats should have no
expectation of wake avoidance. If you go out there, accept the risks
without whinning.

Huh? Is that how you operate?

When I go out on open water with a small boat? Absolutely. Why
should I expect other boats, running where they belong, to lower their
wake for me? I deal with it, that's all. It's part of boating in
congested waters. You see a wake, adjust your speed and course as
appropriate, go through the wake and move on. No big deal, it happens
all the time.