LaBomba182

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Subject: Fuel transfer/polishing pump
From: "Doug Dotson"

Have another beer. Please clarify that "...fuel oil needs to be kept clean
to a higher
degree than fuel oil..."? You lost me.

It's an obvious miss statement.
I of course meant to write: "...fuel oil needs to be kept clean
to a higher
degree than lubricating oil..."

I'm not drinking Doug. But based on some of your replys I have had my doubts
about you. :-)
Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

Doug Dotson

It never fails in a thread that lasts this long that the personal insults
start appearing. You haven't offered all that much useful anyway so
won't miss the lack of any further contributions from you.

Doug

LaBomba182

From: "Doug Dotson"

From: "Doug Dotson"

After having my lift pump fail half way across the Gulf Stream, I think
I'll stick to what Yanmar and the mechanic in FL suggested even
beyond the warranty.

Did your sails fail too? :-)

No, we sailed to the point where we needed a tow to get into Lake Worth
Inlet.
Didn't seem prudent to try and sail through the inlet.

Makes sense.

And didn't you say you had electric priming pumps?

No. Not until after getting repairs at Rybovich. We have one now.

Ok, I wasn't sure of the time line.

If so, why did you not use those to run the engine?

QED

Got it.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: "Doug Dotson"

LaBomba182

From: "Doug Dotson"

It never fails in a thread that lasts this long that the personal insults
start appearing. You haven't offered all that much useful anyway so
won't miss the lack of any further contributions from you.

That's an interesting take, considering you're the one who first implied that I
had been drinking while responding to you.

It seems you can't take a joke.
Not to mention your poor reading in context skills.

As to useful information put forth, same to you. :-)

Good luck with your "polishing" system.

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

LaBomba182

From: "Doug Dotson"

Correct. But that does that make those statements "invalid"?

Yes.

Expound please.
Capt. Bill